Back To School

Tekker

Joined Apr 22, 2005
Well, after 3 years at a community college getting a 2 year associates degree in electronics and a 1-year PC / miroprocessor certificate.... I may be going back to school!! :D

I talked with a friend of mine last night who went through the electronics program with me (who has the same degree and certificate that I do) and he said that the university right by us (less than a half hour away) has an electronics engineering program. I had thought about going there before, but I had heard that they did not have any electronics courses.... Apparently my source was wrong. LOL

My friend and I are going to be signing up for the engineering program.... So we will be going another 4 friggin' years of school! The 2 year degree that we took won't transfer over directly (only a few core classes will transfer), and that means starting back over again! LOL I am glad I took the other few years at the community college because their electronics program was amazing (and they had equipment other technical colleges don't even have)... Our microwave teacher used to be the head boss guy at NASA (and he donated almost a half a million dollars of equipment from NASA). So I definetely don't regret going their first. :D I have no idea how good the electronics program will be at the university, but at least I'll have the "engineering degree" to get me a good paying job.... Plus I already have a good basic electronics background from the community college, so with both places I will probably be getting an education that is at least "as good" as going to a technical trade school.

Engineering is something I've really wanted to get into, but didn't want to have to leave the area to do so (due to some family circumstances) and I had no idea this university offered electronics because I had always heard they didn't. Anyways, I'm glad my friend let me know and now we'll get to be classmates again... :D It'll be nice to already know someone out there. This should be a lot of fun!! 8) 8) 8)

Maybe after I'm done I'll actually be able to understand the majority of the posts on here! LOL ;)

-tkr

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
:D good luck!
People always say you will miss school when your done with it ;). I doubt thatll happen to me though(currently in highschool) lol :)
have fun

-fire

Tekker

Joined Apr 22, 2005
Thanks a lot guys! B)

Firestorm, I don't miss high school at all, but I do miss my electronics classes from college.... And lucky me, I get to do them all over again! :D

-tkr