Are there any schematics to convert component video to AV?

bypassrestrictions

Joined Jun 1, 2021
Are there any schematics to convert component video to AV?

I have a HDMI to component converter, I'm using the Luma output from this to connect to composite input of an AV to VGA converter but I'm not getting an output.

I've checked if the HDMI to component converter is working or not by connecting to blu-ray player and it is working, I've disconnected Pb and Pr and I was able to get black and white picture with just Luma connected. I cannot if it is the AV to VGA which is not working or is there something wrong with computer.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I am guessing that by component video you mean the three connectors, R,G, and B. red, green, and blue. And a very big guess is that by "AV" you are meaning NTSC composite video.
I am guessing that the ultimate goal is to convert an HDMI output to a VGA signal to view on a computer monitor.
You are going the very long way around, that is for sure.
If you are starting with an HDMI output and have no other output, the solution may be to post a request for an HDMI to VGA converter. There are folks watching here who will be able to help.

bypassrestrictions

Joined Jun 1, 2021
I am guessing that by component video you mean the three connectors, R,G, and B. red, green, and blue. And a very big guess is that by "AV" you are meaning NTSC composite video.
I am guessing that the ultimate goal is to convert an HDMI output to a VGA signal to view on a computer monitor.
You are going the very long way around, that is for sure.
If you are starting with an HDMI output and have no other output, the solution may be to post a request for an HDMI to VGA converter. There are folks watching here who will be able to help.
I did this to get a black and white output for PC.

You guessed correct by AV I meant composite output. The ultimate goal is to convert HDMI output to black and white signal.

Why not confirm if the AV to RGB is working? Feed a composite video from a Camera / DVD player / TV out from a TV....
I don't have anything which outputs composite video.

What is the "A" in 'AV' ?

I wish to find a TV with a composite video out... or RGB out... or HDMI out...
Audio

Hi
A/V Audio / Visual

E
Correct

I'm unable to open Ali Express

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
In post #12 I see quite a few inputs but only the 2 outputs are for audio. This is exactly what I would expect to see. No video output in any format. I see three HDMI INPUTS, no HDMI output at all.
I wonder if this is what shorty-buss was thinking about.
I would be very impressed if there was any TV receiver with any format of DIGITAL video output.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I would be very impressed if there was any TV receiver with any format of DIGITAL video output.
I say the same...

"Connect the appropriate video cable to the "Video Out" port on the Samsung LCD TV"

" If you happen to have a Samsung LCD TV without any type of video-out port -- they are rare but do exist"

" Likewise, many newer model Samsung LCD televisions have an HDMI Out port. "

All quotes from - https://smallbusiness.chron.com/connect-samsung-lcd-tv-hdd-dvd-recorder-57264.html

But it seems you two know more than them.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Actually, there was a thread about a conversion circuit right here about a year and a half ago. It was not simple.
And I read that link that SB posted. But did not believe it.
The fact is that not everything posted on the internet is true. But not everyone realizes that.