arduino mkr wifi 1010 "disconnected" right before upload finishes

• Thread starter Deleted member 750607
  • Start date

Deleted member 750607

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I have been trying to get my arduino opla IOT kit to work for MONTHS...ive tried everything...downloaded create agent (with some issues along the way), downloaded the most current IDE, downloaded the newest wifi chip firmware, tried swapping out two sets of hardware, played endlessly with disassociating and re-associating my device on the cloud, made and remade variables, made and remade "things", tried a bunch of different sketches

no matter what i do, the sketch will appear to upload fine, BUT the device "bar" (ill call it) still says "device disconnected" and then "device reconnected" right before it finishes uploading

the serial monitor continues to say "connection to hillary's weather station failed, retrying in 500 milliseconds" over and over

nothing happens on my display carrier (ive tried opening the serial monitor at this point as well as touching the capacitive touch sensors)

by the way im trying to get the Temp, Hum, Pressure (something like that) sketch because it only involves built in sensors and built in display

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 750607

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I suspect it could be a hardware problem. I can't find any reports of similar behavior. I assume that all software and firmware is current?
i thought so too, but this is the second set of hardware ive tried (carrier and mkr wifi 1010) ...the ppl at arduino sent me new hardware because we thought the same thing

when you say software and firmware im not sure what you mean (im still kind of a beginner with this microcontroller stuff) could you be more specific for me?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
i thought so too, but this is the second set of hardware ive tried (carrier and mkr wifi 1010) ...the ppl at arduino sent me new hardware because we thought the same thing

when you say software and firmware im not sure what you mean (im still kind of a beginner with this microcontroller stuff) could you be more specific for me?
The Arduino firmware for the MCU and the Arduino IDE for your computer. And, for that matter, the latest updates for your operating system.

Can you try a different computer?

Deleted member 750607

Joined Dec 31, 1969
The Arduino firmware for the MCU and the Arduino IDE for your computer. And, for that matter, the latest updates for your operating system.

Can you try a different computer?
ok so update - its not repeating the error message in the serial monitor, although it does still say

"WiFi Hardware failure.
Make sure you are using a WiFi enabled board/shield.
Then reset and retry."

im trying to install the firmware but there is always an error that reads "error while writing flash memory"

im almost there after all these months, I can feel it! haha...thanks for your help...

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
ok so update - its not repeating the error message in the serial monitor, although it does still say

"WiFi Hardware failure.
Make sure you are using a WiFi enabled board/shield.
Then reset and retry."

im trying to install the firmware but there is always an error that reads "error while writing flash memory"

im almost there after all these months, I can feel it! haha...thanks for your help...
Are you programming it via WiFi?

Deleted member 750607

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I wish I did, but I don't know that board. Could you take a photo of it close enough to see the details?
here>>> this is my board attached to the carrier that came with the opal i.o.t. kit from arduino...it has built in sensors, LEDs, and a display

Attachments

Deleted member 750607

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Have you been able to test with a different computer?
yeah. I forget exactly what happened, but I gave up at some point...I can try again in a couple hours and give you the details if you think it'll help...

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
If you’re not programming it via WiFi, why are you getting a WiFi error message.

In this case, I’d check the ide settings and make sure you have the correct port enabled. But since your situation is different from my experience, I’m not 100% sure this is the problem. But it’s worth a shot.