Antenna Datasheet English help

Track99

Joined Jun 30, 2022
Hello my friends,

I am trying to replace a old antenna 'A' with a 'new' antenna 'B'.

I found that the gain, VSWR etc etc are matching for both antennas.

The only items that are not matching and are confusing me are the following:

The datasheet of the 'old' antenna 'A' says:
Hor. pattern: Omnidirectional
Ver. pattern: Full

The datasheet of the 'new' antenna 'B' says:
Radiation: Omnidirectional

Are these both antennas the same, when it comes to Radiation and pattern?

I am asking this because the old antenna 'A' has 2 items on its datasheet ( Hor. pattern and Ver. pattern) while the new antenna 'B' has only 1 item on its datasheet. ( Radiation only)

Thank you my friends for the reply.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
With respect to antennas the meaning of "omnidirectional", means the RF radiation is the same in "all" directions.

When it comes to the vertical radiation pattern being "Full", the meaning is obscure. I can tell you that there will be a preferred angle of radiation with respect to the GROUND, and that the radiation straight up from a vertical antenna will be so close to zero as to not be worth mentioning. I don't think you are risking much by trying antenna 'B'.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
First antenna is a vertically polarized omni directional antenna. Second antenna does not state if it is vertical or horizontal. Most omni antennas are indeed vertical, horizontal omni antennas are rare (look at clover-leaf horizontal antennas).
If the B antenna is vertical in shape (taller than wide), then you can be 99% sure it is vertical as well.

Track99

Joined Jun 30, 2022
First antenna is a vertically polarized omni directional antenna. Second antenna does not state if it is vertical or horizontal. Most omni antennas are indeed vertical, horizontal omni antennas are rare (look at clover-leaf horizontal antennas).
If the B antenna is vertical in shape (taller than wide), then you can be 99% sure it is vertical as well.
Yes my friend. Antenna B is much more taller than it is wider. Ty

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
The vertical "full" patterns is really needed if You have an intent to have sessions with Martians living in Cosmos high above. All other clientele stays in the side of You antenna. Therefore, especially for DX, the narrow vertical patterns is synonym for specially high quality and vice versa.