Antenna amp

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by maf00143@Jan 22 2006, 08:33 PM
hi
i want to make a uhf antenna ampfor my tv i want to have 20 to 30 db gain.
can i use a low noise op amp?
Thanks
[post=13342]Quoted post[/post]​
hi

sure, why not. do you already have the circuit?

moz

maf00143

Joined Jan 22, 2006
I havent figured out the whole circuit just yet.
i am gonna try to keep it simple mabye just the op amp and a rf filter.
the main thing im concerned about is blowing up my new hdtv. so i'll use my old 13'' to test it on :)

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by maf00143@Jan 24 2006, 04:58 AM
I havent figured out the whole circuit just yet.
i am gonna try to keep it simple mabye just the op amp and a rf filter.
the main thing im concerned about is blowing up my new hdtv. so i'll use my old 13'' to test it on :)
[post=13399]Quoted post[/post]​
There are many UHF amplifier circuit on the web. These however mostly use RF transistors instead of opamps. You could google them to gain some idea.

Any particular reason you want to use opamp instead of RF transistor? I would've think transistor amplifier is simpler and easier to design and might be cheaper as well.

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Most op amps wouldn't work very well up at UHF. There are specialized RF amp components like the MAR series, but most comercial amps use special RF transistors and special design techniques to prevent feedback and instabilities. Designing something with 20 to 30 db gain, that is stable and low noise is something not many would attempt. I suggest buying something ready made. Its not like UHF TV amps or Masthead amps are very expensive.

maf00143

Joined Jan 22, 2006
i'll look into getting some transistors.
one of the big things i want to do is have seperate amps for diffrent channels on seperate antennas