angle correction for 3 phase system

TheSpArK505

Joined Sep 25, 2013
Greetings everyone,

I see some companies test some relays and protection for phase angle.
Which makes me wonder how do they simulate phase difference starting from 1 degree till 360 increasing angle by angel. While what I know that phase correction components such as capacitors and inductors only correct phase lagging or leading by 90 degrees only.

So, let's say I have phase a (which should have 0 degree angle) is out of phase by 35 degrees, how to correct it theoretically and practically.

Appreciate your contribution to my confusion.

Thanks a lot.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The protection is generally to detect incorrect phase rotation, as in elevators, remote pumping stations, etc, etc.
Some CNC machines have also incorporated it.
Max.

Last edited:

TheSpArK505

Joined Sep 25, 2013
Disregard the protection. What I care about is how phase correction is implemented. If phase A (which is the reference one 0 angle) is out of phase by 3g degrees, How to correct it theoretically and practically ?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
How is it being produced and distributed if the phase angle is shifting? especially to that degree!
Or is this just a hypothetical question?
Max.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Slacken off the alternator windings for that phase and move them three degrees around the shaft, check with a protractor and tighten up.

. . . . but seriously, are you sure you are not confusing the phase angle of the voltage, with the phase angle of the current?