And now for something weird...

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

About sizes and measures.
For temperature there is the kelvin, celcius and fahrenheit.
For lenght there is the meter and inches.
For weight there is the kilogram, pounds ounces and more.
But what about shoe sizes?

international-adult-shoe-size-chart1.jpg

That is really a mess.

Bertus

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The History Channel had a mini-series on it this week.
This helps me understand the bigger picture. Our government does all the worst things in the world and jails the citizens if they encroach on the business model or if there is more profit to put a person in prison than there is in letting him be free to go about his business. The whole war on drugs, war on terror, war on foreign countries is just a business model.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
This helps me understand the bigger picture. Our government does all the worst things in the world and jails the citizens if they encroach on the business model or if there is more profit to put a person in prison than there is in letting him be free to go about his business. The whole war on drugs, war on terror, war on foreign countries is just a business model.
If you watch the first episode it is even worse. Nixon said on one of his 'secret' tapes that the drug thing would effect more punishment on black and brown people, that was his intention. And it has been like that ever since. Strike up the band for the conservatives!
The Regan administration financed the war in Nicaragua using the same methods, the Iran-Contra scandal.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hello,

About sizes and measures.
For temperature there is the kelvin, celcius and fahrenheit.
For lenght there is the meter and inches.
For weight there is the kilogram, pounds ounces and more.
But what about shoe sizes?

View attachment 129553

That is really a mess.

Bertus
Given the so many countries missing in that list (do we go barefoot all the time?) I think I now understand why I feel so much the cold at the pier, here in Puerto Madryn. :p :p

Few days ago when I landed in Trelew, just -2°C.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
If you watch the first episode it is even worse. Nixon said on one of his 'secret' tapes that the drug thing would effect more punishment on black and brown people,
Watch out. We have a member that calls that the worst kind of false B.S. and will declare that you are wrong to post it.
I know, because I posted it several months ago.;)
The whole war on drugs, war on terror, war on foreign countries is just a business model.
And in today's news, both sides of the story. That's both sides of the hypocrisy in one day.
"It is pretty obvious at this point that the US is...a de-facto defense shield for the ISIS terrorists.
And there is a contradiction there that ought to make George Orwell shiver in his grave."

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/393078-us-syrian-military-jet-isis/

New Yorker arrested...for attempting to join ISIS
https://www.rt.com/usa/393640-new-yorker-arrest-isis/

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hello,

As shoe lover (I have over 40 pairs), you will not see me barefoot often.

Bertus

I cannot stand wearing shoes. I wish I could go to work in sandals. I think I mentioned in another thread, as long as there is not snow on the ground, I go not to get the mail in the winter in my bare feet.

I don't even like wearing socks. ;)

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
@GopherT's, I just found out you're not the only one with a dislike for pineapple:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...nd-s-president-disses-fruit-topping-1.3992890

HM: If the president of Iceland got to try a slice of your pineapple pizza do you think you might be able to change his mind?
SP: I don't care what he does. He can say whatever he wants. He sells the fish over there, you know, that's all he does. So he has to put the fish on the pizza.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
@GopherT's, I just found out you're not the only one with a dislike for pineapple:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...nd-s-president-disses-fruit-topping-1.3992890

HM: If the president of Iceland got to try a slice of your pineapple pizza do you think you might be able to change his mind?
SP: I don't care what he does. He can say whatever he wants. He sells the fish over there, you know, that's all he does. So he has to put the fish on the pizza.
I agree with the president. Just because it is round and flat with tomato sauce, doesn't make it a pizza. That's like me putting lutefisk on a tortilla and calling it a taco. It might make the lutefisk taste better but it still isn't a taco.