Analog mux design

yangliu

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hi,
I need to design a analog mux with 2-4 small voltage (about 1.3v) inputs, and only one output which does read the one input at a time, very thanks for help. Thank you!

yangliu

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The 4051 is such a mux/demux. You'll need higher voltage for the power supply, but it will do exactly what you asked for.

http://www.ee.washington.edu/stores/DataSheets/cd4000/cd4051.pdf

Neat thing about it, since it is analog it goes both ways, and if you use a voltage level that is digital, it is a digital circuit.

If you need to feed digital levels of 1.3 Volts then you will need some sort of input drivers, it is a standard CMOS circuit.

yangliu

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Thanks for the reply. Sorry that I didnt mention that I am doing the chip design, so that I need to design this analog mux in CMOS circuit, my understanding so far is that it is like some switched current circuits, could you give me some hints on the designing? Thank you in advance~

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Take a look at some existing designs.
The 4051 is but one of many designs.
Dallas/Maxim has quite a variety of analog multiplexers. So does Analog Devices.

Find several models that are reasonably close to your requirements, and look at their schematics. Then design something that is optimized for your requirements.

This will take research on your part.