analog filter

aya

Joined Nov 30, 2006
the question is:explain how the attenuation of passband affects to frequency scaling in:a) Butterworth B) Chebychev C)inverse Chebychev

and what is "vector error" and SAW-filter?What are the different types of SAW-filter?

thanks in advance

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
that's the exact words from my past year paper!! how could i pass it .......
The professor and the University are substandard when it comes to English and/or Electronics. It probably just seems that way from here, and you asked the question.

farmosh203

Joined Nov 26, 2006
My teachers slides say:

"Butterworth - flat response in the passband and acceptable roll-off"

"Chevyshev - steeper roll-off but exhibits passband ripple (making it unsuitable for audio systems)"

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
OK That's all true so let's get back to your original question. Having some context makes it easier to interpret the question. In the future it may be haelpful to restate them one at a time in simple declarative sentences.

For example:

Why is there ripple in the passband of a Chebychev filter?
Why does a Butterworth filter have a shallow rolloff?

Get the idea?

The answers to most of these questions will be:

It is the arangement of reactive elements and the relative values that produce a certain response. It is the actual value of the components which scales the frequency to the desired cutoff or corner frequency.

Does that help?

beck

Joined Nov 27, 2006
the question is:explain how the attenuation of passband affects to frequency scaling in:a) Butterworth B) Chebychev C)inverse Chebychev

and what is "vector error" and SAW-filter?What are the different types of SAW-filter?

thanks in advance
scaling is done so that the normalized values of the components of the filter are converted to practical values. (for eg capacitor and inductor)
let me point out here that dimensionless parameters such as attenuation and gain is never scaled.
so the answer to your question would be
NO EFFECT, be it butterworth, chebyshev,elliptical or cauer,inverse chebyshev
or whaterver filter.