analog design steps - steps to design an analog interface to a digital MCU

otaho AB

Joined Sep 20, 2016
Hello everybody
i am new to analog design and i was assigned to do an analog design to sensor interfaces(LVDT , 4-20mA , differential 485) . the problem i am facin g right know is that i don't know exactly from where to start, (for example i don't know if i need a filter or not, and if i need one then what type of filter should i design) it's like i don't know the right steps or procedure to design an analog cicruit,can you help me with ideas even a book or an article can help

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
A good place to start would be by reading and studying this data sheet for the AD598 LVDT Signal Conditioner chip, especially the Theory of Operation section beginning on page 4, and the Design Procedure sections.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hello everybody
i am new to analog design and i was assigned to do an analog design to sensor interfaces(LVDT , 4-20mA , differential 485) . the problem i am facin g right know is that i don't know exactly from where to start, (for example i don't know if i need a filter or not, and if i need one then what type of filter should i design) it's like i don't know the right steps or procedure to design an analog cicruit,can you help me with ideas even a book or an article can help
It would be difficult to provide any advice without additional information.
What is the part number of sensor or analog component?
What is the part number of the MCU?

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
A good place to start would be by reading and studying this data sheet for the AD598 LVDT Signal Conditioner chip, especially the Theory of Operation section beginning on page 4, and the Design Procedure sections.
I was going to suggest the same idea for the other technologies. Search for data sheets on chips that do what you need to do, or application notes for the relevant technologies. I'm not specifically endorsing these publications as better than any others, but here are two examples from Analog Devices:

http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/application-notes/AN-960.pdf

http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/application-notes/AN-1312.pdf