Alternative for SAA1027

tornedoar

Joined Oct 31, 2019
Hallo,
I would like to replace the IC SAA1027 with other IC that its logic input 3.3v o 5 volt
is there any recommendation?

sarahMCML

Joined May 11, 2019
Hallo,
I would like to replace the IC SAA1027 with other IC that its logic input 3.3v o 5 volt
is there any recommendation?
Give us some more information please about:

What motor are you driving? Is it a 5 or 6 wire Unipolar stepper? Its voltage and current ratings? The motor voltage you're using?
What are you driving the SAA1027 with?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I think the only reasonable alternative will be a microcontroller or an FPGA in a suitable package. If you have no experience with either of those two chip types, you'll need to do some rapid learning.

tornedoar

Joined Oct 31, 2019
Give us some more information please about:

What motor are you driving? Is it a 5 or 6 wire Unipolar stepper? Its voltage and current ratings? The motor voltage you're using?
What are you driving the SAA1027 with?
I drive 8-wire stepper motor which is connected in series and its voltage is 12 and current 600 mA.
I want best replacement to control this motor with Arduino

tornedoar

Joined Oct 31, 2019
I think the only reasonable alternative will be a microcontroller or an FPGA in a suitable package. If you have no experience with either of those two chip types, you'll need to do some rapid learning.
I would like to use Arduino to control 8-wire Stepper motor

sarahMCML

Joined May 11, 2019
I would like to use Arduino to control 8-wire Stepper motor
I would consider using one of the following of:

A4988, DRV8825 or TMC2208 stepper motor driver modules with your Arduino, and wire your motor in 4 wire mode.
They have the advantage of allowing you to choose to drive the motor in full mode, or various degrees of microstepping modes, with adjustable current setting for the motor.
I've just this week been experimenting with the TMC2208 myself, and it drives the motor almost silently. There are numerous videos on YouTube using the above modules, a good one being:

How to Mechatronics - Stepper Motors and Arduino - The Ultimate Guide