All About Circuits Google Wannabes

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I just had to find All About Circuits on a new computer with Google.

I appears a lot of links that are, lets say, questionable have sprung up using this sites name. Enough so it is a little hard to find this forum.

I can't wait to get home and try this again.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Did you google All About Circuits as suggested? Take a look at the URLs they link to. :D

I took some screen shots, it is complementary actually. The numbered entries are sites heavy into advertising, which ultimately lead here. They are riding our coat tails, to the point the forum never even made it to the first page of google. I find that hilarious, if a bit aggravating.

I don't generally just jump where google points, to many sites are virus traps.

You know the really, really funny thing is? The real name of the book, which is what they are touting, is not actually "All About Circuits", that is our forum. The books real name is "Lessons in Electric Circuits". :D

http://www.openbookproject.net//electricCircuits/

Attachments

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Thats what I do, we could do it ourselves. All we need to do is create a proper link pointing to AAC. Then have our smarter member blog around the net on various electronics stratigicaly placing the links in their blogs and articles. If you get a couple hundred people to write a small article and post it with your link. You'll fly to number one in a day or two. Across the board for all electronics search terms. Wouldn't it be nice to be number 1 for circuit repair, DC vs AC, bad capacitor etc...

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Weird, it was result #1 for me.

As mentioned, I think google takes a lot of liberties in deciding who you are and what you *ought* to be looking for.

google gives me an unsettling feeling; the things it knows about me, who knows?!

Attachments

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
hmm... this is eye opening. maybe I'll reconsider making smartass comments like "google is friend", or "here, let me google that for you". Maybe someone who spends all their time googling "Call of Duty 3" doesn't get the same results as I do when I google "inverter circuit".

...hmmm... no I think I'll keep being a smartass....

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Did you google All About Circuits as suggested? Take a look at the URLs they link to. :D

I took some screen shots, it is complementary actually. The numbered entries are sites heavy into advertising, which ultimately lead here. They are riding our coat tails, to the point the forum never even made it to the first page of google. I find that hilarious, if a bit aggravating.

I don't generally just jump where google points, to many sites are virus traps.

You know the really, really funny thing is? The real name of the book, which is what they are touting, is not actually "All About Circuits", that is our forum. The books real name is "Lessons in Electric Circuits". :D

http://www.openbookproject.net//electricCircuits/

How many members arrived at this site googling 'all about circuits'? A few maybe. Domain names typically aren't involved in search criterim, although they should be relevant. Yes, well trafficed site will be 'scraped' by many, but that's the internet.

Google 'Lessons in Electric Circuits' and the results are as expected.

I don't get the topic.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
The first hit on Bill's search is allaboutcircuits.com, it's just scrolled down a bit so we only see part of it, after that is pages that link to us, which is not too bad even if some of them are a bit spammy.
Have a look at Bing's results, at least the first 5 pages of results are random pages on allaboutcircuits.com which is pretty useless especially if you were not looking for the site.

Attachments