All About Circuits Google Wannabes

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Because when I took a job with the Federal government they had a piece of paper with my google email on it. That specific email I don't give out to anyone because its my personal account. I use other email accounts for everything I do. The only thing I ever do with the gmail account is email a friend. Yet they had my gmail account, my google phone, and everything else already on their info sheet. Yet the email I do all my paypal, banking, registrations, etc.... wasn't on it.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
You have no idea!!! Plus google shares their info with the Federal Government. If you have a gmail account, the gov. knows about it. I can tell you that from personal experience.
They don't only share it with the government. Tell me how does my yahoo email inbox display ads for things I've recently googled? This has happened enough times for me to be 100% sure its not a coincidence.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Because yahoo can read the cookies on your computer and see the sites you've been too. If you look yahoo and O.co seem to be in cahoots. I'm getting the same adds from things I bought off ebay and searched on google. Yahoo can see your history and where you've been. They've been working on this techonology 100 times harder then curing aids. E-Adds is big big big biz! We also might have some sort of semi spyware on our machines giving this info out.

About the gov. I see no way they could have gotten my google email account without google giving it to them. I litterally use that account 5 times a year to email 1 friend. Plus the account was less the 1 year old. Why did it list my google account? Where did they get this info? I've had the same yahoo account for 12 years to do all my internet stuff. Mods check my registration email. No BS! Then honestly google has been caught hacking into computers, stealing data via wifi, and a host of other violations. Do you really think the worlds largest data collector isn't throwing the gov bones? On the plus side after my FBI review I was hired.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually Yahoo and Google both have been twigged for tracking preferences, and not on your personal computer. I use a lot of other computers besides the one I'm currently at, but the ads keep coming.

I can't speak to government involvement, but I would not be surprised.

Why do you think privacy advocates are up in arms? Data mining (and swapping of data) is a science. When I was a kid it was claimed there was a page of information on every man, woman, and child in the USA. Nowdays, due to cheap storage of mass data, it is a book that expanding into several volumes. It may be too late, but laws restricting the sale of personal information (the banks and credit card companies routinely sell your personal information unless you specifically opt out) need to be passed and given teeth.

The AAC wannabes are something else though, since we don't allow advertising it is a way around that. They get to push ads in your face, then direct you over here.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
(the banks and credit card companies routinely sell your personal information unless you specifically opt out)
Have you read the latest "update" sent by your bank? I got mine last year. It basically said "this is the information about you that we sell to other people, and this is what you can't do about it" I will try to find that and upload it here. I was appalled, you can't opt out of it anymore, and friggin blatant!

As far as a book on every person, I was just thinking about that earlier. They track what you search, what you do, and convolute amongst themselves. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch (if it isn't already happening) for an online "profile" of you to emerge. Forget logging in to your email or facebook, that's a dead giveaway. I'm talking based on google searches alone, I bet they could figure out who you are if you jacked around in an internet cafe for long enough.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Good luck these days. Have you been to the library and seen the computer lines. Its sickening. I have a buddy I care for and he's not good with english so he checks out lots of books. Were always there and they have about 60 computer setups. Everyone is filled up with 3 people behind em waiting. All trying to get their food stamps, and job apps done to turn into the gov for welfare. Makes me feel very fortunate when I see what those poor people have to do. (Not having a computer or Internet.) Thats one thing we should do as a country! Everyone should have free internet access. Make is super slow, may be twice as fast as a 56k modem. But give em something. Most people will still pay for high speed internet. We live in a wired world. We require all these people to do all this stuff online, yet many don't have internet or a computer.