After some help , I was wondering if a game controller could be build using an arduino?

jmh474

Joined Jun 26, 2014
Good morning all

Iv had a bit of an idea and just wondering if there is anything out there or something similar as I'm not any good with coding.

Iv build my son a basic gaming pc and he would like rgb but the mother board doesn't have a argb header, and I was wondering if a controller could be build using an arduino?

I plan on have the motherboard control the pmw for the fans and just build a controller using an arduino.

Just so he can control the colour and maybe a few patterns as the fans are addressable.
Maybe using a phone app or serial off the motherboard

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPg6E8g
These are the fans I plan on using 6 in total

Thanks

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Subject title police here.

A title such as "After some help and advise" is of no use to other members. Please post a title that summarizes the content of your thread.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
"After some help , I was wondering if a game controller could be build using an arduino"

You get good marks for effort.
Bear in mind that some members are using cell phones to browse.

A title such as "Game controller using Arduino" says it all. That's 4 words instead of 16.

You can then expand your statement in much more detail in the body of your post.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
A number of simple games have been made using Arduino. Check the Arduino projects websites. The Arduino microcontrollers only have very limited memory so they would not work for anything much more complex than Space Invaders using a very small display.
A Raspberry Pi would be a better choice but you would have a very steep learning curve before you would be able to do anything like that.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
A number of simple games have been made using Arduino. Check the Arduino projects websites. The Arduino microcontrollers only have very limited memory so they would not work for anything much more complex than Space Invaders using a very small display.
A Raspberry Pi would be a better choice but you would have a very steep learning curve before you would be able to do anything like that.
The Arduino microcontrollers have from 32k to 256k of flash memory, an 8x difference. The difference in SRAM is 4x greater. And there are techniques to maximize memory usage. So it depends…