adding rotate image button from this site.

anhnha

Joined Apr 19, 2012
It would be nice to add a feature to rotate image in the direction that you want like 90 degree CCW each time.
Many people post images that're upside down and it's really inconvenient to see the image with computers.
This's an example: https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachments/r1-jpg.46733/
With the mobile , you can just easily rotate the phone but can you rotate PC or laptop to see images?
One way to do that is to download the image, save it and then open it with an image viewer that allows you to rotate the image. However, it takes much more time and most of the time you don't want to save the image to your computer.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Many people post images that're upside down and it's really inconvenient to see the image with computers.
That should be the responsibility of the person posting the picture. If they can't, or won't, someone will usually do it for them.

anhnha

Joined Apr 19, 2012
But what I'm trying to do is rotate it without having to save it!!!
Also many old threads have images upside down and I don't think someone can go back and rotate it for them.
Why can't we just add a simple button to rotate it?
I don't know how hard it is to make it but many apps have that feature and it's very helpful.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Why can't we just add a simple button to rotate it?
Do you want to rotate the whole page and every subsequent page? That can probably be done, but is not something I would like to do. In my experience, you would need to open a separate page (1 click) the right click or something (2nd click), then rotate (3rd click). It is not hard to do more simply by saving.

I don't know how hard it is to make it but many apps have that feature and it's very helpful.
I don't need a smart phone/etc. with apps.

Last edited:

anhnha

Joined Apr 19, 2012
Do you want to rotate the whole page and every subsequent page? That can probably be done, but is not something I would like to do. In my experience, you would need to open a separate page (1 click) the right click or something (2nd click), then rotate (3rd click). It is not hard to do more simply by saying.
For example with the link I sent that's the image I did open in a separate page.
However, I still can rotate it without having to save it to my computer.
I don't see the feature with 3 clicks to rotate as you said. What browser do you use?

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachments/r1-jpg.46733/

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Simple. No need to save. Windows 7/Chrome.

Right click>Screen Resolution>Orientation>Landscape flipped (assuming you are already in landscape). Have fun. ;)

anhnha

Joined Apr 19, 2012
Simple. No need to save. Windows 7/Chrome.

Right click>Screen Resolution>Orientation>Landscape flipped (assuming you are already in landscape). Have fun. ;)
That doesn't even exist on my browser. I would have no problem if it was that simple.
Can you capture it? I'm curious where you get those options

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
What I want to do is to rotate image directly from the site such as from the link https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachments/r1-jpg.46733/
Have you submitted a "ticket" to Microsoft or Google? Maybe there's a app for that?

Frankly, for as often as it happens, save/open is not much of a bother, as one often needs to do other adjustments like brightness and contrast. In fact, some of our moderators are quite adept at doing that and by the time I finish reading the post, they will already have fixed the image problem.

anhnha

Joined Apr 19, 2012
Okay, one page long but in the end that you don't have that feature in your computer?
I was trying because I said you can do it without saving.
I know you can do it the hard way but I just want something to make life easier.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
All versions of Windows can rotate images directly. Open a window to the folder containing the image. Right click on the Windows file name of the image and Rotate will be an option. Click on it and the image will be rotated in place. No further requirement to save.

it is so easy, that I almost exclusively rotate images in Windows. Two clicks and your done!