Adding "LOCATION" to a User's Profile

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Another thing that would be nice to know is a member's POWER (both VOLTAGE and FREQUENCY) delivered to their residence.
Now that is really asking them to put themselves on display to the world! You may as well ask members to post their social security number and birthdate if you want that. Next you will be asking them to rate their own level of experience - that would be on the same level as asking them to post which political candidates they voted for in the last three elections.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Now that is really asking them to put themselves on display to the world! You may as well ask members to post their social security number and birthdate if you want that. Next you will be asking them to rate their own level of experience - that would be on the same level as asking them to post which political candidates they voted for in the last three elections.
Yeah, but I figured that "in for a penny, in for a pound!"

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I realize this has been dead for a few months but I was recently again irritated by not knowing the OP's location when giving an answer.
The new OP posted a question about obtaining a part for a DIY speaker he was building so I suggested a USA based DIY audio supplier
He then stated he couldn't use them because he was from Dubai and couldn't order parts from the USA.
So here is another example of wasted effort by myself and a couple of unnecessary posts because he didn't have his location in his profile.

Obviously the lack of this not being in his profile wasn't because he was concerned about anyone knowing, since he told me that in a subsequent post.

So I still think posting the location should be an op out not an op in, when joining the forum.