Add component to LTSpice .. #2

Pab1gh

Joined Oct 10, 2020
The attached file, LM317.zip, contains:

LM317.sub - place in ...\SwitcherCad\lib\sub
LM317.sym - place in ...\SwitcherCad\lib\sym\PowerProducts
That way it will show up in the list with Linear Technology's power products.

Since I've added LM317.sub in the symbol itself, you don't have to use the .INCLUDE LM317.sub SPICE directive.
How could I autogenerate it to get this symbol added to rest of my components? For some reason it won't show up in select new schematic.

Mod: Link to old thread
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/add-component-to-ltspice.36758/post-675103

Last edited by a moderator:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You do realise this thread is 7 years old?
Why do you need to autogenerate anything if you have the LM317.sub and LM317.asy files in their correct folders?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I replied to the original topic 10 years ago. Since that time, LTSpice has undergone numerous upgrades/changes, and I have not been using it for several years. I put rather explicit instructions on where to put the files contained in LM317.zip, and several people reported back years ago that it worked perfectly.

If you followed the instructions, adjusting for changed subdirectory names, LM317 should show up in Linear's Power Products component area. I did that so I wouldn't have to add .include state.ents for every component I added to my library.

@SgtWookie
I’m seen your 3wRgb led replays
I have a similar problem
I have to made 100w flood ligh using 3w Rgb chip and I want used single power source 12v or 24v but problems is how can I calculate series parallel for led because r has low voltage compares to green and blue
voltages: Red: 2.0-2.2v Green: 3.2-3.4v Blue: 3.2-3.4v.
How can I design 100w Rgb pcb using 3w Rgb led