Actuators

vishwakrishnan

Joined Oct 5, 2006
I have a sensor which can measure the angular position and i would like to use the ouput signal from the sensor to actuate a valve.

Is there any device which can be used for controlling the valve operation other than electric actuators?

I prefer the size of actuator to be very small?Where can i get the information?

I would like to know about electric actuators? what will be the input signal that should be given for the actuators?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

There is a great deal of information we do not have ion order to answer your question. What is the force needed to actuate the valve? Can it be just open/close, or is the degree of opening proportioned?

The actuating signal/drive is going to depend on the above information.

vishwakrishnan

Joined Oct 5, 2006
It is actually the degree of opening proportional to the angular movement?

what kind of input will be necessary to drive an electric actuator corresponding to rotary information?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Assuming your valve has an external stem and opens like a ball valve (by rotation), you can put a similar sensor on the valve shaft and drive the shaft until the two sensors agree.

If you don't want intervening electronics, like a controller board, look into synchro motors. A transmitter can sense the angular position and drive another on the valve stem. It's expensive, but it works very well.