AAC Upgrade Thread - Feedback & Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Looking at the admin panel, I see that the attachement size is set on 10 Mb ( as in the old forum software version ), but the server does not allow more than 2 Mb.
This is an issue for @jrap to look at.

Bertus

@jrap

Any idea as to when blog attachments (i.e. uploads) will be restored? -- As stated earlier, I'm in no great hurry - I merely wish to 'coordinate' my 'on-line time' scedule :cool:

Many sincere thanks for all you're doing!
HP:)
@jrap ? @bertus ?

C'mon guys! It's not as if I'm asking for an immediate solution - merely an idea --a loose guess even-- of when the issue of missing blog content will be addressed...

I genuinely hope I've not been 'sent to Coventry' corollary to my admittedly rude, groundlessly accusatory, 'Arduino rant' (somewhere away back in the Hadean ):oops: -- Though I'm bound to say the veritable 'din of crickets' in response to my reports/inquiries on this forum have me worried:confused::(

Sincerely, best regards
HP

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I am much more concerned about being able to look at a longer list of threads. Since I am sometimes unable to visit for several days. Or perhaps such a vantage point is already available and I just do not know where. That certainly happens to me on occasion. I have heard mention of orange and blue, but no hint as to the path to find them.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You can switch between the styles in the preferences of your profile.
There are the default, wich is the orange style, and the AAC Classic, wich is the blue style.

Bertus

So my suggestion is to have _like_ button available for posts on PM threads...
Well, Hey! 'Prodigal daughter' o' mine -- As I've only just discovered, it seems you got your wish! -- FWIW I agree! Said option is a distinct improvement to the PM feature! :)

Does your insistence on this mean the end of the project is in sight?
I wouldn't go that far -- tho it may fairly be taken as an indication of my eagerness to get back to work on said effort!:)

Very best regards
HP

EETech Adam

Joined Jun 2, 2015

EETech Adam

Joined Jun 2, 2015
@jrap ? @bertus ?

C'mon guys! It's not as if I'm asking for an immediate solution - merely an idea --a loose guess even-- of when the issue of missing blog content will be addressed...

I genuinely hope I've not been 'sent to Coventry' corollary to my admittedly rude, groundlessly accusatory, 'Arduino rant' (somewhere away back in the Hadean ):oops: -- Though I'm bound to say the veritable 'din of crickets' in response to my reports/inquiries on this forum have me worried:confused::(

Sincerely, best regards
HP
We have a fix planned for the 18th.

There you go, @Hypatia's Protege. They gave you the day.

Now all you need is the month.
Seriously now -- In light of the embarasing fact that our EHT/Radiography/Radiology tutorials are nigh on four years postterm - I've little room to complain :oops:

That said, I am both pleased and very grateful the problem is being addressed:)

Very best regards
HP

-

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

@cmartinez , jrap has corrected a setting in the server.
Now we have the size limit as it was on the old software.
Regular attachments can have a filesize of 10240 Kb.
Animated gifs are still limited to about 1 Mb.

Bertus

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Posting .jpg files are a problem when they are over 1.5MB in size (you get an "OOPS, We've encountered a problem here..."). If you resample your .jpg to approximately 1MB, then they post just fine.

What are the new images file limits?

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I ran into an image attach problem the other day and was trying to find just what are the file types and size limits for attachments. I couldn't find it anywhere here. Just what are the pertinent parameters as to type and size?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Posting .jpg files are a problem when they are over 1.5MB in size (you get an "OOPS, We've encountered a problem here..."). If you resample your .jpg to approximately 1MB, then they post just fine.

What are the new images file limits?
If the .jpg image file size is too large then compress it to .zip file.

Status
Not open for further replies.