AAC Upgrade Thread - Feedback & Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Smilies still dont work right.
I used a smilie the other day and it does not show up unless there is some text with it.
Also, it always appears on the NEXT line after the text regardless where you type it.

TEST:
Here is a smilie :) with some text after it all on one line.

[see that was typed all on one line but it broke up into three lines by itself]

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Another thing is that previously one was able to attach multiple files by dragging them all simultaneously into the message. Now one needs to drag the files one by one for them all to be attached. That is, if more than one file is dragged into the message box at the same time, only one of them will be successful attached.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Interesting. I switched over to the orange theme and right away got the results that MrAl was talking about: the smilie is on its own line, separated from whatever preceded it and whatever followed it. Switch back to blue, and it's all on one line, as in my post #304.

Bad orange! Bad, bad, BAD!!!!!

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
Sorry for my bad English, but premeditated distortion of viewing graphics materials MUST be canceled immediately.
For example: posted emitter.png 1024 x 741 px has dimensions 971.6 x 703.075 px on screen. !!!!
EDIT:
When I see it in new window, dimensions on screen are 981.6 x 705.6 px. ????
- - - - - - -
SOLVED: changed Win 10 Display Scale from 125% to 100% and now all is good with pictures.

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
While not a real problem, it is something I've not seen before. Why does a new page open up when you give someone a like? Asking you to confirm the action. Are we trying to talk members out of giving likes now? :)
Then when you try to go back to the new post pages you have to click the back button several times to get there, keeps going back to the confirmation page.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Why do links that seem to be the same type appear differently in posts?

Example (https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/boost-converter-circuit.164768/#post-1449959):
1573992681794.png

Here is what was copy and pasted:

Boost converter w/555 voltage controlled oscillator:
https://www.dos4ever.com/flyback/flyback.html

Roman Black (transistor only)
https://romanblack.com/smps/conv.htm

I have seen it occur with other examples, such as when 3 links are given, and 2 appear in the highlighter box. Actually, I would prefer if none did.
John

Last edited:

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
While not a real problem, it is something I've not seen before. Why does a new page open up when you give someone a like? Asking you to confirm the action. Are we trying to talk members out of giving likes now? :)
Then when you try to go back to the new post pages you have to click the back button several times to get there, keeps going back to the confirmation page.
Interesting. I don't see that behavior at all (AAC Classic Mode, Google Chrome, MacBook Air w/ MacOS 10.14.6); clicking 'Like' on a post simply causes the 'thumbs up' icon to appear at the bottom of the post, with no confirmation page or popup, and no navigation difficulties.

Odd.

EDIT: It doesn't appear to be a Blue Mode/Orange Mode issue; I get the same results in Orange Mode.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hey @jrap just a ping. There is still a minor bug that is a bit annoying.

Using an iPad, with the latest iOS, in “New Posts“ view, the notifications annunciator is missing.

This requires me to go into my profile to check for alerts.

Thanks for the attention.BEBBD365-4822-4BA1-B204-82C16103AA58.jpeg

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Interesting. I don't see that behavior at all (AAC Classic Mode, Google Chrome, MacBook Air w/ MacOS 10.14.6); clicking 'Like' on a post simply causes the 'thumbs up' icon to appear at the bottom of the post, with no confirmation page or popup, and no navigation difficulties.
It doesn't happen all the time. I use the blue classic forum mode, Firefox, Win 10, and a desk top computer. It does give the thumbs up then goes directly to the confirmation page.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The restriction on picture sizes have been removed. The files may be upto 10 Mb.
Even with a reasonable broadband connection/speed some images are now quite slow to load. I pity the poor folks still on dial-up or metered data links. Surely some lower limit (1Mb?) would be preferable?

Status
Not open for further replies.