AAC Upgrade Thread - Feedback & Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
As someone mentioned before, there's too much white space. It's like reading a newspaper in bright sunlight and I'm concerned that all the brightness may burn the screen on my monitor. :oops:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
While I agree there is still a little too much white space on pages for individual threads, overall there has been a great improvement compared to the last time I complained. At that time, I had done a comparison with EEVBlog, which seems very compact, except for all the advertising. If one scrolled to get rid of the ads, the content per page far exceeded AAC. Today that is quite different:

1572773886633.png
At 90%, I still need my +2.00 readers, but I am getting used to them. :)

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
All of the changes are certainly taking a lot of getting used to. But the new listing of threads and only showing a very few is unfortunate, since sometimes I miss days, not just a few minutes. And there are a few threads where it would be better to just point the starter to a good book on the very basic circuit theory. It is one thing to have questions but quite another to argue based no not even having a clue.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
All of the changes are certainly taking a lot of getting used to. But the new listing of threads and only showing a very few is unfortunate, since sometimes I miss days, not just a few minutes. And there are a few threads where it would be better to just point the starter to a good book on the very basic circuit theory. It is one thing to have questions but quite another to argue based no not even having a clue.
"Few" and "Many" are relative. Your data? Your standard/criteria?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
"Few" and "Many" are relative. Your data? Your standard/criteria?
The current display of the last five is way few, a listing without a preview pane can provide many more in the same space. It is simple enough to click on a thread and be able to see if it is something that I can offer anything useful. And before we could see how many had viewed and how many had commented. That was a very handy bit of data, I think.
And I still claim that on a world-wide basis, at best only half of all changes are improvements.

@jrap

Any idea as to when blog attachments (i.e. uploads) will be restored? -- As stated earlier, I'm in no great hurry - I merely wish to 'coordinate' my 'on-line time' scedule :cool:

Many sincere thanks for all you're doing!
HP:)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't see the direct link for that list?
Max.
Edit_2019-11-03_3.png

Clicking the direct link provided by bertus worked for me. If your browser has disabled the ability to click links in posts, then copy the link text to your browser address box.

I agree with Dick that adding a button with that shortcut link would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.