AAC Upgrade Thread - Feedback & Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I have not found a reason to complain about the limited space in the response box. I do often wonder about the spell checker underlining a whole paragraph after I go back to correct an error, since I fat-finger multiple keys frequently. But that is not a big-deal sort of thing.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Electronics point seems to use a screen theme like the AAC Classic:

Electronics_point.png

AAC orange has the user info on top:

AAC_orange_screenshot.png
Bertus

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It seems that as of today the list of new posts is only one page, which is from the very latest to about 1 to 5 hours in the past with no apparent way to go any further into the past.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Not sure whether this is related to the upgrade, but I just tried to make a post with an attached .pdf file (1.2 MB in length) and the attachment didn't post. There was no error message, the attachment simply didn't show up in the post. Not sure what's going on here...

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Though the handbook was updated just a couple of years ago, it bears relics of an earlier time. Just starting to browse through it is a little bit like sitting down with a plate of comfort food.

"The zener diode is a semiconductor device unique in its
mode of operation and completely unreplaceable by any
other electronic device."

EETech Adam

Joined Jun 2, 2015
Though the handbook was updated just a couple of years ago, it bears relics of an earlier time. Just starting to browse through it is a little bit like sitting down with a plate of comfort food.

"The zener diode is a semiconductor device unique in its
other electronic device."
Which handbook are you referring to?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

@DickCappels , This is the ON handbook that starts with the phrase :
The zener diode is a semiconductor device unique in its
other electronic device

Bertus

Attachments

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
@bertus, @jrap
When I saw OBW0549 asked the question in #212, so I tried to upload a 3MB and 1 MB two pictures to the testing thread -- Testing for upload file, 1.3MB and 1MB pictures, but the system shown that 3MB was too large, so I tried to upload another 1.3MB file, but when I uploaded the file, it didn't shown anything, just the file gone away as OBW0549 said. (I have reedited the title from 3MB to 1.3MB)

And there is something very strange that there were some functions under the box was disappeared, I never saw the situation like that, they should be 6 buttons, but it only left 3 buttons. (I'm afraid of the picture have the copy rights issue, so I deleted the thread.)

StrangeResults.jpg

Last edited:

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
I had placed this in a seperate thread, but this is probebly a better place:

In the past in a forum window if you clicked on "Mark read" , a "Mark forum read" window would pop up. Clicking on "Mark form read" would take you back to the forum. Then if you selected the back arrow in the browser you would return to the forum's index window.
After the upgrade, you click on "Mark read", the "Mark forum read" window pops up. Clicking on "Mark form read" take you back to the forum like before. But now if you select the back arrow in the browser the "Mark forum read" window pops up again. . Clicking on "Mark form read" again takes you back to the forum. This time clicking on the back arrow in the browser returns you to the forum's index window.
Is this a feature or a bug?
I'm using Firefox 70.0 (64bit).

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.