AAC Upgrade Thread - Feedback & Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
It also appears that Daylight Savings Time isn't being properly implemented. The post times are showing "Yesterday" when it is still "Today".

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The problem I had accessing AAC on my Android tablet has now been resolved with a browser change from the original default to Firefox.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The one thing that I REALLY MISS is being able to click on "general electronics chat" and find the listing of threads with the number of views and the number of responses shown. Seeing the first 20 words does not help me at all. If that part still exists, how do I get to it???

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The one thing that I REALLY MISS is being able to click on "general electronics chat" and find the listing of threads with the number of views and the number of responses shown.
You still get that in the blue theme. Threads are listed down the left side and the replies/views stats are on the right.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I have a question. There seems to be a surfeit of pdf attachments lately. Is this related to the upgrade?

I use Safari on an iPhone 8s running the latest IOS. To view a pdf, I have to download it locally and store it on my phone. This takes up a lot of space on the phone and after browsing AAC, I have to manually delete the attachments locally.

If anyone else has experienced this and has a solution to the space problem, please let me know.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I have a question. There seems to be a surfeit of pdf attachments lately. Is this related to the upgrade?

I use Safari on an iPhone 8s running the latest IOS. To view a pdf, I have to download it locally and store it on my phone. This takes up a lot of space on the phone and after browsing AAC, I have to manually delete the attachments locally.

If anyone else has experienced this and has a solution to the space problem, please let me know.
The solution is straightforward, but not trivial. Obtain an older used laptop computer that has a wifi connection capability. But not a MAC OS. Then load Firefox and the fox PDF reader and you will be all set. But avoid win10, since it is JUNK. Be sure to get the power cord and power supply with the computer. Much cheaper than another smatphone, and they usually come with a decent carry case.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
In my PC - Win 10, I browse/read on the screen and if I decide, download it. In nmy phone - Android Chrome, I need to download. From time to time I sweep everything to my PC and discard what I do not want to keep.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The solution is straightforward, but not trivial. Obtain an older used laptop computer that has a wifi connection capability. But not a MAC OS. Then load Firefox and the fox PDF reader and you will be all set. But avoid win10, since it is JUNK. Be sure to get the power cord and power supply with the computer. Much cheaper than another smatphone, and they usually come with a decent carry case.
LOL! I do all my AAC browsing on my smartphone, in fact, practically all of my browsing. And all my development tools run on Win 10. If we are returning to the days of needing a dedicated device for every task, then the promise of widely available general purpose computing tools, which has developed over the past few decades, is lost.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
In my PC - Win 10, I browse/read on the screen and if I decide, download it. In nmy phone - Android Chrome, I need to download. From time to time I sweep everything to my PC and discard what I do not want to keep.
That’s what I used to do. But on my iPhone, that doesn’t work anymore. Sounds like maybe the last IOS upgrade is what caused the problem, and not the forum upgrade.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
That’s what I used to do. But on my iPhone, that doesn’t work anymore. Sounds like maybe the last IOS upgrade is what caused the problem, and not the forum upgrade.
I do quite a lot of browsing through my mobile but I accept it is tiring and maybe ruining my poor eyes affected by amblyopia (took me years to know about, in spite I used to see people across the street with two pair of eyes always :()

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I do quite a lot of browsing through my mobile but I accept it is tiring and maybe ruining my poor eyes affected by amblyopia (took me years to know about, in spite I used to see people across the street with two pair of eyes always :()
I’ve had both my OEM lenses in my eyes replaced, so it isn’t as tiring for me.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I have suffered unrequested windows updates causing the sudden tragic death of vital custom software, leading to financial losses. That company appears to be a collection of soloists of variable talent and devoid of both insight and consideration. At least that is how it looks from where I stand. And almost none of the chages they make are improvements, either. So you are probably correct.
And once again I say that just because something has been changed does not mean that it has been improved. Especially in software and operating systems, where the obvious purpose of the changes is to make the prior version obsolete.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I have suffered unrequested windows updates causing the sudden tragic death of vital custom software, leading to financial losses. That company appears to be a collection of soloists of variable talent and devoid of both insight and consideration. At least that is how it looks from where I stand. And almost none of the chages they make are improvements, either. So you are probably correct.
And once again I say that just because something has been changed does not mean that it has been improved. Especially in software and operating systems, where the obvious purpose of the changes is to make the prior version obsolete.
How large of a company is this? If properly prepared, all updates (not just OS) should always be able to be successfully reverted. If not, you put your livelihood at risk. Note that I didn’t specify Windows; this principle stands for ALL software upgrades.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I'm unable to upload any GIF files, at all. Every time I try, a progress bar is shown while the file is being uploaded and then an error message appears stating that "Oops! "We ran into some problems".

The browser I'm using is the latest version of Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.