a simple question about SCR

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi,
The simulation shows that point 'A' on your diagram shows a voltage high spike when the Vcc goes from 0V to the Vcc value.

As you can see from the plot, Vgate is partially high, before Vcc goes high, then it jumps to a higher voltage level as Vcc is applied.

Is that what you are asking.?
E

xljin2014

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Hi,
The simulation shows that point 'A' on your diagram shows a voltage high spike when the Vcc goes from 0V to the Vcc value.

As you can see from the plot, Vgate is partially high, before Vcc goes high, then it jumps to a higher voltage level as Vcc is applied.

Is that what you are asking.?
E
Hi,
why is like that?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I think BG is added from outside, not decide by vs.
Hi,
Look at the sim circuit you will see that the Vgate is Enabled by the 6V driving current thru the R2 resistor, then thru the Gate tthen via the SCR internal resistance to 0v.

This gives a voltage at the Gate of approx 600mV. [It is Enabled]

When the Vcc is applied, the extra current thru the SCR raises the Gate voltage to approx 800mV

E

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Perhaps this answers your question. Staring Vcc at 0 and ramping it up, here is what happens to the voltage at A. As to whether there is a parasitic capacitance, yes, there is always a parasitic capacitance in every circuit element. Usually, it can be ignored.

Bob

1636126287473.png

xljin2014

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Hi,
Look at the sim circuit you will see that the Vgate is Enabled by the 6V driving current thru the R2 resistor, then thru the Gate tthen via the SCR internal resistance to 0v.

This gives a voltage at the Gate of approx 600mV. [It is Enabled]

When the Vcc is applied, the extra current thru the SCR raises the Gate voltage to approx 800mV

E
I think this involves inner structure of scr. still don't know how 600MV and 800MV come.

xljin2014

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Perhaps this answers your question. Staring Vcc at 0 and ramping it up, here is what happens to the voltage at A. As to whether there is a parasitic capacitance, yes, there is always a parasitic capacitance in every circuit element. Usually, it can be ignored.

Bob

View attachment 251974
yes, that's what I think. and now I'm wondering about va spike(fig eg984) it goes to 0v again, and scr still on , right?

Last edited: