A puzling mystery!

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
OK. Here is what is going on.

A man lives in an apartment located in the nineth floor (the apartment block has 11 floors, ground to tenth).
Every day, when he goes to work he takes the elevator to the lobby, but when he returns, he takes the elevator to the fifth floor and then he uses the stairs to go back to his apartment.

The question is, why the man uses the stairs?

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
i remember a similar puzzle by mr dave.
i answered that one correctly,
is it because the person is having a short height so he can operate only switches from 0-5 rest being beyond his reach.
(try reading some of puzzles in the thread puzzles by mr dave)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I did come up with this one in my other thread, and yep he's too small. There is an alternative which suggests that he lives in his flat with his missus, and he's having an affair with a woman on the 5th floor, and stops of there for a fling on the way home - but then that's a little seedy isn't it! :D

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Yes. He is a midget.

Well, I don't have any luck when posting such puzzles.
D'oh! You could have blagged us that "the midget" answer is in fact wrong. This would have given you a couple of days to make-up a new answer! Or you could have agreed with the "affair" answer :D

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
D'oh! You could have blagged us that "the midget" answer is in fact wrong. This would have given you a couple of days to make-up a new answer! Or you could have agreed with the "affair" answer :D

Dave
oh now i know why it took me days to get/(not get) some of the answers:p

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007

Dave
Well, the affair yould not be such a solid answer. Being that the case, why would he not take the elevator from the fifth to the nineth?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Well, the affair yould not be such a solid answer. Being that the case, why would he not take the elevator from the fifth to the nineth?
He needs to walk off his post-affair flush!! The missus may get suspicious of he walks in with a big red face and a smile!! :D

Dave

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
He needs to walk off his post-affair flush!! The missus may get suspicious of he walks in with a big red face and a smile!! :D

Dave
Well, the missus may get suspicious if he uses the elevator to go down and the stairs to turn back home. After all, using the stairs to go up is more difficult, especially at the end of another day of work.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Well, the missus may get suspicious if he uses the elevator to go down and the stairs to turn back home. After all, using the stairs to go up is more difficult, especially at the end of another day of work.
Hmm, you got a point there. We could assume that the missus doesn't know that he doesn't use the elevator from the 5th to the 9th? Or shall we just agree that he's a midget?!

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
other answers (time for wild guesses). :p
1)the individual was masochist but only 4/18th.
2) i m sadistic so i sabotaged the switches 6,7,8,9 (only 4/18th) + i let the girl go to her floor(as good as a gentleman i m)
4) he is a midget and got a girlfriend at 5th floor and above two possibilities
to take care of him for once and for all.