A new technology for air conditioning

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Between English and Spanish, sometimes. Between French and Spanish, rarely.
French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Romanian... those are called the Romance languages ...

If you want to:
  • Love - Use french
  • Nag - Use Italian
  • Eat - Use Spanish (although French and Italian are excellent alternatives too)
  • Party - Use Portuguese
  • Fight - Probably Romanian would be the best choice

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello again,

Ok i'll look it up myself or try looking up "vortex tube phenomenon".
BTW, there's also the cute island girl with the big feather fan where she waves it up and down continuously to create air conditioning :)
That's the oldest type of air conditioning :)
Too bad the island upgraded their equipment last year and she was out of a job.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello again,

Ok i'll look it up myself.
BTW, there's also the cute island girl with the big feather fan where she waves it up and down continuously to create air conditioning :)
My surface area-to-volume ratio changes when I see here with the red fan so you'd think I would cool down faster. Interestingly, I don't.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
@#12, you may find the following article quite interesting:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/plugged-in/the-air-conditioner-that-makes-electricity/

The simplest way to describe Be Power Tech’s system is an air conditioner that runs on natural gas and produces some bonus electricity on the side.
Interesting. Did I miss how much it can cool the air. How much of a difference in temperature between outside air and cooled air? Evaporative systems are kind of weak on this.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Hello again,

Ok i'll look it up myself or try looking up "vortex tube phenomenon".
Too bad the island upgraded their equipment last year and she was out of a job.
Can't remember the brand name of them, but years ago we used those vortex tubes instead of liquid coolant when cutting metal in a milling machine. They were to "costly" in air use, basically a big air leak, but did work to keep the heat down in the milling process.