9-0 down counter using JK Flipflop

Mondemundi

Joined Sep 20, 2016
Hi ! I am currently making a 9-0 counter using a jk flipflop and a 7 segment.

It starts to countdown but the problem is it starts at 15 not in 9 how can i make it start at 9 and reset again. Thank you very much !

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
connect the appropriate set/reset pins of the flip-flops to the active state (might be high or low depending on which JK you are using) to set the '1001' state.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I am currently making a 9-0 counter using a jk flipflop and a 7 segment.

It starts to countdown but the problem is it starts at 15 not in 9 how can i make it start at 9 and reset again.
Is the counter synchronous or asynchronous?

Is this homework?

Post a schematic. Anytime you ask a circuit question and don't post a schematic, expect to be asked to do so.

Mondemundi

Joined Sep 20, 2016
Welcome to AAC!
Is the counter synchronous or asynchronous?

Is this homework?

Post a schematic. Anytime you ask a circuit question and don't post a schematic, expect to be asked to do so.
Yes sir this is an Asynchronous Counter..
I am currently working on this and getting really frustrated.. i have attached the schematic i made.. the other preset and clear are on the HIGH state
pls check if its right Thank you very much

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I am currently working on this and getting really frustrated.. i have attached the schematic i made.. the other preset and clear are on the HIGH state
pls check if its right
Is this homework?

Why are you decoding 10? This is a count down counter that starts at 15. You need to get the counter out of the illegal states when the count is 15.