7 Segment HOMEWORK

mandyxx

Joined Jan 8, 2016
Hello,

I got an homework from my professor of "basics of electronic circuits", and if I do the homework right I ensure 20% of my grade...

The hw is:

Realized a circuit with digital circuits to generate the code EXCESS 3 for the ID of Student (my id: 151636401) and presented any number of ID in display (screens) with 7 segments.

Circuit should have 4 entry with which gained 16 different combinations. For the combination of first incoming first number ID has to get out the exit code EXCESS 3, for the second combination of the second issue ID's and so on. If the id of the student is 9 digits only 9 combinations before admitted to
entrance, other combinations should not be used.
Then you have to achieve a digital circuit which presents EXCESS 3 code on display in decimal numerical system.

You should use only a display with 7 segments output which represents the number of ID's on display.

For example if you have the fourth combination on the input(entry) on the output with show the fourth number of the student ID on code Excess-3 and on display shows the fourth number of the ID in system numerical decimal.

If someone can make this for me he will really help me a loot, because it's my second week i couldn't make it. And i have still only 2 days left.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
We can do the work for you, but you'll have to give us the name and email address of your professor so we can submit it in your name. I'm sure he'll be happy to give you the grade you deserve for the effort that you have contributed to the final result. Does that sound like a good deal for you?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
If someone can make this for me he will really help me a loot, because it's my second week i couldn't make it. And i have still only 2 days left.
You posted in the Homework Help forum. In this forum, you need to show your work so you can be guided to a solution.

There is no Homework Done For You forum, though you aren't the first to want one...

mandyxx

Joined Jan 8, 2016
Papabravo, well thank you first but the homework i need to sent to him on the class as hardcopy printed.
http://screenshot.sh/mMDAesr4Bmgcq
Here check the last paragraph, it's in albanian language
"Work must be submitted in hardcopy (printed) the office 108, while duties email will not be accepted."

dl324, thankyou for telling me i didn't know, this is the work that i've done until now
http://screenshot.sh/ou0PC88NWRaVk

Thankyou

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It's hard to follow your translation of the assignment. What university and course is this for? That might help us figure out what, exactly, is being asked for.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Papabravo, well thank you first but the homework i need to sent to him on the class as hardcopy printed.
http://screenshot.sh/mMDAesr4Bmgcq
Here check the last paragraph, it's in albanian language
"Work must be submitted in hardcopy (printed) the office 108, while duties email will not be accepted."

dl324, thankyou for telling me i didn't know, this is the work that i've done until now

Thankyou
OK, then give me the professors postal mail address and I'll do the work and send it to him. Schematics in English or Albanian are the same right?

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013
Mandy, in case you didn't know, this place is to help you do your own work, not to do the work for you.
Having read your description of the hw, I don't yet understand what is required.
You already did some work. Can you explain what is wrong with it?

mandyxx

Joined Jan 8, 2016
The problem is because on the excess3 display the number 0 4 5 are not showing, some of my id numbers are missing.

Papabravo, can u send me your email where can i send you the email of the professor, in English it's okay, and if u can tell him that you helped me maybe he will accept it via email if not.... idk I hope so.

sailorjoe, the thing that im asking for is that in the display some of my id number its not showing, i'm making somewhere mistake on the diagram.

Wbahn, the university is for Computer Science and Engineering.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Wbahn, the university is for Computer Science and Engineering.
What is the name of the university? I can't possibly track down any information about what is expected for this assignment without knowing the name of the school. Can you supply a website for the school? That would help a lot.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
WBahn the university is this one http://fiek.uni-pr.edu/
The point of the homework is to make a convertor BCD to Excees 3 than to show in 7 Segment Digital my id (151636401), only this numbers.
Like this one that i've made but i've done something wrong because it don't show all my number of ID...
That's helped me narrow things down quite a bit.

What is the name of the course this is for?

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Hi Mandy,

I labelled your schematic as below. It is very hard to read your circuit as you didnt tidy it up. Can you show us your truth tables and boolean equations how you arrived to this schematic?

hw2_aac.JPG
access3 exercise.PNG

Allen

Last edited:

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
The problem is because on the excess3 display the number 0 4 5 are not showing, some of my id numbers are missing.
I simulated the LHS of your circuit and I am getting '0000' on 0,4,9 inputs. 5 seems OK as I am getting '1000'.

access3 exercise 1.PNG
Allen

mandyxx

Joined Jan 8, 2016
That's helped me narrow things down quite a bit.

What is the name of the course this is for?
The name of the course is "Basics of computer circuits"

Allen, first thank you for tryin to help me.
Well i've did a lot of mess there on that work hahah its really hard. But i'm tryin to make new one... but i'm doing something wrong on the boolean equations.

http://screenshot.sh/n8jU6rOLQSs80

This is my id 151636401 and on that photo its on excees-3 and 7 segment.
Can u please make any boolen equantions even only one and sent me a photo here to see how its going. Im a little bit out of time because tomorrow its my last day... thankyou again

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
So this is your truth table..

truth table 2.jpg
In this case your equation would be much simpler as you dont have to take care of digits 2,7,8,9. So I'll try to do just one equation for 'V' here

V=A'BCD' + A'B'CD' + A'B'C'D'
= A'CD' (B+B') + A'B'C'D'
= A'CD' + A'B'C'D'

Note: A' = NOT A
MSB is D and LSB is A

So can you do the rest?

Allen

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I fail to see how making a legitimate offer can be considered sniping. I'll be more that happy to label actual sniping as such.
Sorry. I'm not buying that. But this is not the place. If you wish to discuss your position with the moderation staff you can send a PM to any of us and the entire staff will be invited into the conversation. You can also click REPORT and the staff will see that too.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
This is my id 151636401 and on that photo its on excees-3 and 7 segment.
Can u please make any boolen equantions even only one and sent me a photo here to see how its going. Im a little bit out of time because tomorrow its my last day... thankyou again
We're still not going to do your homework for you.

Since you didn't bother to label your schematic, please provide the boolean equations for BCD to Excess-3; and be sure to tell us which bits are LSB and MSB. Is your solution supposed to convert all digits? Or just the ones in your ID?

Check your segment assignments for the display. Your digit 6 converts to 9 in Excess-3; you have segment 'b' off and the rest on. That gives you 6, not 9. There may be other errors, that one just stood out.