6v ride on car

Morlski

Joined Dec 16, 2017
Good day everyone, new here so I welcome myself. I am an electrician living in the uk, never done much with electronics so I have recently been trying to self teach myself using books and the Internet.

The road is long but I loon forward to it, anyway onto my issue

I have a 6v kids ride on car which I purchased, the car should play music when you press a button on the steering wheel, I have pictured what I believe to be the music module which has some signs of scorching on. Could this be my reason for not getting the music to work. I have traced the circuits myself as I have no diagram.

All the resistors, caps, diodes and transistors test correctly.

Any info on the board pictured would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

That module on the board does look scorched. I'm afraid you're out of luck. On a consumer item such as a toy car it would be close to impossible to obtain technical information in order to fix the problem.

Here is what I see are your options:

1) Return the car to the store if that is still an option.
2) Replace the sound unit with something else.
3) Forget about it.

Sorry, that's all the advice I can give. If you wish to pursue option #2, we can supply some suggestions.

Morlski

Joined Dec 16, 2017
Welcome to AAC!

That module on the board does look scorched. I'm afraid you're out of luck. On a consumer item such as a toy car it would be close to impossible to obtain technical information in order to fix the problem.

Here is what I see are your options:

1) Return the car to the store if that is still an option.
2) Replace the sound unit with something else.
3) Forget about it.

Sorry, that's all the advice I can give. If you wish to pursue option #2, we can supply some suggestions.
Thank you for the reply.

I think the latter is the best option, you have confirmed my suspicions.

Thanks again for the reply

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Thank you for the reply.

I think the latter is the best option, you have confirmed my suspicions.

Thanks again for the reply
There is still another option.

I see on the board there is a web URL.
Contact the company and see if they can supply a new chip module or a replacement board.

Morlski

Joined Dec 16, 2017
There is still another option.

I see on the board there is a web URL.
Contact the company and see if they can supply a new chip module or a replacement board.
Messaged them about a month ago to no avail, they had the part on Ali express but no longer sell them.

Again thanks for the response