555 Monostable Multivibrator

pedersen

Joined Oct 25, 2014
Hi I looking for a monostable circuit.
I want it, to complete the time period even if the swicth is hold down constant ..

I have build a Non-Retriggerable Monoflop, but if I hold the swicth down constant, the LED remain on.

Hope any boddy can help me with a circuit, or an idea of what to seach for.

pedersen

Joined Oct 25, 2014
Thanks for reply
I have build it and test it.. It works :) ..but it seems like it is unstable.. I have to push the swicth 2-3 times before it starts up again.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Leave R1/C1 as shown; reduce R5 to 1k or less if you need to re-activate the mono quickly.
The mono pulse width needs to be at least 20mS (which is highly likely if you want to see the LED lit!), to prevent re-triggering by switch-bounce transients.

pedersen

Joined Oct 25, 2014
R1/C1 is back on. R5 is reduced to 1K ...still the same. We are not talking about quickly re-activate, even if I wait 10 sec. before I pres the swicth again, it behave like that (some time 1 press some time I need to press 3-6 time before it work).

pedersen

Joined Oct 25, 2014
Okay I found out why it behave like it did.. now it work like af dream :).. the reason was because I used a cheap wall supply .. I think it was given some kind of spike or so.
Thanks you all for your help :)

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Recheck the wiring and using another 555 to try.
And how is the voltage of V1?
I think the 220 Ω for led is designed for V1 power supply.

pedersen

Joined Oct 25, 2014
I just pick one in my pile. I think it original, was from an old tape recorder or similar.
The circuit will be used in a machine I'm building, so that's why I didn't use my benchtop supply.
But now I know how important it is to use a good power supply. :)