4 or more channel chase and hold circuit

jonomobile

Joined Jul 4, 2019
I feel so stupid, i need a circuit diagram that seams so simple but i have search high and low but no luck
I need a simple 4 channel (or more) chaser circuit that switches on one channel at a time but each one stays on and needs to be able to power a small relay not just an LED so with "O" = on and "X"= off (if 4 channel)

Step 1) X X X X
Step 2) O X X X
Step 3) O O X X
Step 4) O O O X
Step 5) O O O O
Repeat

Ideally would like to use something like A 4107 chip and 555 with speed adjustment 12volt and trigger 12 volt relays

TIA

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
How about a simple compara
I feel so stupid, i need a circuit diagram that seams so simple but i have search high and low but no luck
I need a simple 4 channel (or more) chaser circuit that switches on one channel at a time but each one stays on and needs to be able to power a small relay not just an LED so with "O" = on and "X"= off (if 4 channel)

Step 1) X X X X
Step 2) O X X X
Step 3) O O X X
Step 4) O O O X
Step 5) O O O O
Repeat

Ideally would like to use something like A 4107 chip and 555 with speed adjustment 12volt and trigger 12 volt relays

TIA
How bout a simple comparator string ("thermometer A/D")

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
If step 6 is "XOOO" then a simple shift register will do the job.
If step 6 is "XXXX" then it gets more complicated. Is a microcontroller a possibility?

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Arduino using mBlock to program -

upload_2019-7-4_17-21-58.png

The code on right is auto generated from the block construction you make in middle
window to create application.

upload_2019-7-4_17-23-8.png

The window on right is code generated by mBlock for you from your block construction.
When you hit the upload button it programs the Arduino, or ATTINY85 if you have
created the setup to do so.

Could possibly be put into ATTINY85 -

upload_2019-7-4_17-24-36.jpeg

If you use ATTINY85 just take that part, a cap to bypass the ATTINY85 power pin,
a pot to set speed, and whatever you use to drive relays or mosfets (2N7000)
unless relay coil current super low.

Fun stuff.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited: