3 x High Voltage Converters in parallel - troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous User 30

Joined Sep 4, 2017
Hello,

I need help in relation to hooking up 3 x 1000kv high voltage converters in parallel. The idea is to make an EMP disruptor / jammer.

The issue I have is when I turn on the switch, I get the familiar noise that electricity is flowing but no sparks.

Powering the setup is 2 x 3.7v lithium batteries with 800mAh. Because they are also hooked up in parallel, total voltage remains at 3.7v and total current equals 1.6A. The wire I'm using is 8 gauge AWG wire (3mm in diameter).

Below is a schematic and photo for your perusal.

A bit of info with regard to each high voltage converter:

Voltage input = 3.7 - 7.4v
Current input = 0.5 - 1.0 A

Voltage output = 800 - 1000kv
Current output = 0.5 - 1.0 A.

Thanks in advance.

[3 x HV Converters parallel schematic.jpg IMG_0785.JPG

Anonymous User 30

Joined Sep 4, 2017
Hi Papabravo,

The dimensions are about half an inch, a little over 1cm. I have been experimenting with different spark gaps to no avail.

The manufacturer says that each high voltage converter can produce 800 - 1000kv output, so I should have 3000kv output?

Thanks for your response.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi Papabravo,

The dimensions are about half an inch, a little over 1cm. I have been experimenting with different spark gaps to no avail.

The manufacturer says that each high voltage converter can produce 800 - 1000kv output, so I should have 3000kv output?

Thanks for your response.
Whoa there cowboy. You connected them in parallel. Voltage sources connected in parallel don't add together. I think what you are doing is extraordinarily dangerous for somebody lacking a grasp of fundamental principles.

Anonymous User 30

Joined Sep 4, 2017
Hi Papabravo,

I understand what your saying now.

I understand the power supply side of things are correct but I cannot connect the output side of things in series its impossible the way those units are constructed.

Makes sense now, thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.