3 phase induction motor for generator

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
what is this?
It is expletive obfuscated:D! Just my opinion of Rotec:mad:
from where and at what cost you buy it
I get mine from my wrecked ULA which crashed cuz piston expanded faster than cylinder and seized up motor:mad: It like parody of Geico ad could say: _If you're a Rotec engine, you seize up, it's what you do!_:D
In normal operation the anode material coextensive with the 'focal spot' is sufficiently heated to exhibit thermionic emission, and, hence, issue of significant reverse currents leading to rapid destruction of the (relatively) 'delicate' cathode structure... The phenomenon is essentially high-vacuum 'cathode sputter' on steroids:eek:
HP can I get passed that by restriction of the exposure times and duty cycle?
Please understand,
I know how frustrating it can be when a seeming 'collusion' of equipment design, material properties and economics seem to have you 'blocked at every turn'
Tell me about it:rolleyes:!
Things Aleph finds creepy:
-Large bodies of fresh water...
-(Allegedly) Secret Societies...
-Well-appointed execution chambers...
Ha ha! Yeah! That's me:D!

HP can I get passed that by restriction of the exposure times and duty cycle?
Sadly, No:(

First of all, owing to the very high EMFs involved, forward conduction will FAIAP instantly heat the 'focal spot' to incandescence with subsequent heavy anode emission and, hence, reverse 'leakage' currents -- Bear in mind that even 5ma @ 2.5MV will, as a practical matter, impart 12.5 kW heating to the Ca. 0.75mm (~1.77 mm^2) focal spot (less, at most, 5% combined X-ray and visible light production)...

Secondly practical realization of your intended aims with the DRT (to wit: electron/positron pair production) would be greatly complicated by your proposed 'work-around'...

In short - application of inverse polarity to any manner of Coolidge tube not specifically constructed and designated as "self rectifying" isn't gonna end well!:cool:

...exposure times...
Ok, I get that you, in all likelihood, used the term 'exposure' per force of habit - That said, the demands of 'didacticism' require the following;

Imaging with a DRT is complicated by its large focal spot - justification for such 'off label' use is limited to applications requisite of the much higher photon energies available from DRTs -- (Spec: 'Gama radiography') -- So - be advised that 'sharp' images will require collimation of a portion of the beam via an aperture in an 'occulting block' -- Note that PB affords less than optimal shielding to spectra consistent with anode EMFs of 2.5MVp -- Whereas denser and, hence, more effective U238 is both readily available and inexpensive (generally in the form of PB-clad U238) -- Please note that, contrary to common hysteria, U238 (aka 'DU') is safe to handle with the caveat that it is rather easily ignited via impact or rough machining -- FYI U238 burns in a manner reminiscent of magnesium but with production of copious volumes of suspended radio toxic Uranium oxides:eek: --- Again - no problems unless ignited!:cool::)

Tell me about it:rolleyes:!
Hang in there, my friend!:)

All the best
HP

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Are you really going to use this? or will Homeland Security (and several other "alphabet agencies") block access?
Where HP live (USA) unlicensed possession of du is completely legal up to generous limits. I not being sure about here where I live so will check out:)! I say US government have embarrassing time banning private holding of du on safety or security grounds cuz all 24 years since first gulf war they're saying how combustion products harmless to exposed service personnel when du rounds ignited by impact:rolleyes: Now I am saying even though du only weak alpha source I'm happiest to use no radioactive material at all! An excellent thing about electrically generated xrays and gammas is ability to experiment with ionizing radiation without worry about contamination:) I am thinking zn hg amalgam denser than lead so maybe also make good shield for purpose?

Hello again,
Are you from Kashmir north india
Actually, Aleph is a "Canuck" - and, more to the point, a 'Led Zeppelin' fan:D
4:55

OK. ps, I just figured out you are talking about DEPLETED uranium. Whew! I thought you meant the real thing!
I'm bound to say U238 is as real as U235 -- albeit many orders of magnitude less expensive!:confused::)

I am thinking zn hg amalgam denser than lead so maybe also make good shield for purpose?
Mercury is only slightly denser than lead prior to amalgamation --- If you insist upon stable isotopes, Wolfram (aka Tungsten) and Gold (each at nearly twice the density of Pb) are your best choices -- Au is easily formed but expensive -- whereas W is cheap but difficult to machine...

Best regards
HP:)

Last edited:
Last I heard, depleted uranium is not bomb-grade.
Correct - U238 is fissionable but non fissile...

Be careful not to glow in the dark, kids.:p
In all seriousness I think Aleph has a point -- there is (for lack of a better term) a certain 'decency' attendant to 'electrically produced' X/Gama radiation (i.e. bremsstrahlung) - the 'tone' of which is lowered by incorporation of radionuclides in the apparatus - even for shielding purposes --- Tis akin to stocking 'The Vat' with Larry Flynt publications:eek::eek::eek::D --- Hey @Aleph(0) - drollery aside, I'm serious - you're right!:):):)

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Hey @Aleph(0) - drollery aside, I'm serious - you're right!:):):)
Ha ha! It not surprising you think that considering it's philosophy I learned to appreciate from you:D!

Actually, Aleph is a "Canuck" - and, more to the point, a 'Led Zeppelin' fan:D
I confess to to first part, hey:D! But I more fan of music than band cuz all that Mudshark frat boy hedonism no way for Englishmen to behave:p I say they need grow up:rolleyes:! I love that tune and Immigrant Song sorry because not know how to attach media:(

Last edited:
RE: Led Zepplin...
I more fan of music than band cuz all that Mudshark frat boy hedonism no way for Englishmen to behave:p I say they need grow up:rolleyes:
Um... You do realize the antics to which you refer, assuming they occured at all, happened over forty years ago!?:confused: --- I assure you they've grown up - and, sadly, just plain old:(

Re: The pristine nature of bremsstrahlung...
Ha ha! It not surprising you think that considering it's philosophy I learned to appreciate from you:D!
Hey now! -- While, as in our case, enthusiasm may be shared --- it is not conferable! --- Your genuine, native interest in the subject is amply demonstrated by your rush to hands on experimentation - I hesitate to say "you have x-rays in your blood" lest you perceive said remark as a CML/ALL diagnosis:eek:;) Still...:cool:

All the best
HP

PS
I love that tune and Immigrant Song sorry because not know how to attach media:(
Let me help you with that:cool:

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
I hesitate to say "you have x-rays in your blood" lest you perceive said remark as a CML/ALL diagnosis:eek:;) Still...:cool:
Ha ha! Now you have good point:eek:! So I say best metaphor is one you use before that I'm bitten by the xray bug:D Now just light photographer called shutterbug so what that make us:D?

Ha ha! Now you have good point!:eek: So I say best metaphor is one you use before that I'm bitten by the xray bug:D Now just light photographer called shutterbug so what that make us:D?
Inasmuch as exposure time is controlled by switching of the anode supply there's no true parallel -- while 'collimator bugs' is tempting, it ignores back-scatter and tomography systems:(

On the other hand, inasmuch as the radiation itself has an involvement for us in a way that visible light never does for photographers -- perhaps our 'nick' should center about said energy as opposed to the imaging apparatus? -- I like "Glow Bugs" - unfortunately that one's already taken by antique radio buffs:( - Wadda world!:rolleyes:

TTFN
HP:)

K.e

Joined May 7, 2017
Highly inappropriate, but I just want to ask aleph-0 if she’s in the band ‘Tennis’ she looks so familiar?

This thread is otherwise way above my XP level I’m sorry to have revived it but when I clicked links for this subject on my ‘Safari’ browser, they all ended up ‘dead’ :(

I don’t have a question apart from the one in regards to the band ‘Tennis’

Thank you for listening.