220v to 400v 5A power supply( boost convertor )

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustedone

Joined Sep 2, 2018
hello everyone. I want to make a 220v to 440v 5A power supply and got few design but honestly don't have much experience .
1_there is voltage doubler but i heard i doesn't provide much amperage.
2_boost convertor : i have few file and pdf explaining it .i think it's good enough but not sure how to pick suitable parts.
i have 2 different circuits for booster but there are some part in one of them that is hard to find in here and missing some parts from other . maybe it is possible to somehow combine them ..upload_2019-10-7_19-14-31.png
this is one of them ... the ntc 12a and emi transformer(for 220v 10a) can't find them locally.
and this is the other one upload_2019-10-7_19-17-7.jpeg

well basically it will be the second one with more caps... but still not sure how to finish it ... cause i want to order a company to make it .
I will be grateful if you have any advice regarding parts or a better way to do this. it's my first time posting here ... so sorry if it have any problems.

Hi,

The first circuit is not a voltage doubler. It's a bipolar power supply which is unstable. You should go for a boost converter, but you need to provide more details. What's your 220VDC source? If you have no experience in designing power converters, choose a company or experienced engineer to do it for you.

rustedone

Joined Sep 2, 2018
Hi,

The first circuit is not a voltage doubler. It's a bipolar power supply which is unstable. You should go for a boost converter, but you need to provide more details. What's your 220VDC source? If you have no experience in designing power converters, choose a company or experienced engineer to do it for you.
it's not 220vdc. it's normal 220vac ...from houses and ... and detail for parts...? well from formals that got it. L=1MILI HENRY. about 50% duty cycle. rectifier output is 220vdc 10a . what kind of detail you're talking about ?
it's not like i have no idea for parameters. but choosing optimal parts .

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
If input is AC, just use a transformer. If output is AC, you are done. If DC, you need a rectifier bridge and smoothing capacitor.

Bob

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Post #1 picture 2 is a simplified diagram. This will take 120 or 220 vac and make 400Vdc.
A PFC circuit does not regulate the 400Vdc very well. With some changes it will do the job.

Picture of a PFC board using a different IC.

rustedone

Joined Sep 2, 2018
Post #1 picture 2 is a simplified diagram. This will take 120 or 220 vac and make 400Vdc.
A PFC circuit does not regulate the 400Vdc very well. With some changes it will do the job.

Picture of a PFC board using a different IC.
thanks a lot man... this looks cool. I drew a simpler one too can you take a look ? upload_2019-10-8_16-55-30.png
while yours is better I'm not sure i can find all the stuff. and i need it for induction forge ... so I don't think it's need to be that sensitive to quality ... but i make sure to study the circuit. thanks again ...

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
This looks like and interesting project offering much to learn, however we are not permitted to discuss transformerless power supplies on the forum, and I can't see this going to a power supply that is transformer isolated from the line.

From the User Agreement:
Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:

Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
LEDs to mains
Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
Transformer-less power supplies

If You come across a thread or post discussing any of the above topics please report the thread so We can close, and if necessary remove, the offending thread/posts.

That is why this thread is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.