12 VAC ~ 2.9A to 12VDC 15A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Joined Aug 3, 2017
Its possibel using only a bridge rectifier obtain INPUT: 12VDC 15A OUTPUT: 12 VAC ~ 2.9A ?
The project in question is the use of speakers that have an embedded amplificator that uses a transformer: INPUT: 230V ~ 50Hz 200mA OUTPUT: 12V ~ 2.9A .

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
It is a bit hard to help. Your post title has the requirements one way, the first part of your post, the other way, and then what you want it for, a different requirement again. Please draw up a diagram and work out what you want so we can help. Also, the 12VAC 2.9A to 12VDC 15A is impossible. You are wanting more out that is going in. In fact, there will always be losses and you will get less out that you put in. Always!
I just saw you next post you were writing the same time as I was. Do you want to get 240vac from a car battery?

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
It is possible you may be able to run the amplifier off the 12v from the battery if you tap into the power supply inside the amplifier. But if you do not know what you are doing, buying a 12V to 240vac inverter may be safer. Get a 100watt sine wave one and it will give you plenty of power I think.

Salazar

Joined Aug 3, 2017
It is possible you may be able to run the amplifier off the 12v from the battery if you tap into the power supply inside the amplifier. But if you do not know what you are doing, buying a 12V to 240vac inverter may be safer. Get a 100watt sine wave one and it will give you plenty of power I think.
thank you for the answer, i realize that what i mean is 12VDC to 12VAC because the car baterie is 12VDC and the amplifier works with 12VAC

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Do you have any info of the amplifier? What make and model, circuit digram..
If the amp needs 12V AC in, it may be easier to buy an inverter as mentioned above, but if it just has a single sided power supply inside, running on the rectified 12V, you probably can modify it to run straight off the car battery. Do you have any local expertise that can help you?

Salazar

Joined Aug 3, 2017
Do you have any info of the amplifier? What make and model, circuit digram..
If the amp needs 12V AC in, it may be easier to buy an inverter as mentioned above, but if it just has a single sided power supply inside, running on the rectified 12V, you probably can modify it to run straight off the car battery. Do you have any local expertise that can help you?
After a quick look around on google i found nothing in terms of circuit diagram, but the amplifier in question is the embedded one in the "Creative P380"

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I can't find a circuit either and as it is almost 3am here, I'd best try to get to sleep ;)
Maybe someone else will have more success.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
i really don't understand much, i'm still learning..
what should i be looking for?
Open the unit, grab a camera and take pictures from the 12VAC into to where it first enters the board. Take pictures of the components around that input.

Status
Not open for further replies.