12 MHz oscillator with a Voltage range 120V

kazemihossein33

Joined May 12, 2018
Hello friends
I need a 12 MHz oscillator with a Voltage range of 120V
Preferably designed with cross coupling and non-integrated circuits

If I had a problem with my sentences, I'd like to apologize because I'm not English
Thank you for your guidance

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello friends

If I had a problem with my sentences, I'd like to apologize because I'm not English
Will this oscillator be powered from a DC supply of 120 volts? If not what kind of power source will you use?
There are many oscillators that use dicrete transistors or even vacuum tubes. Is that what you have in mind?

kazemihossein33

Joined May 12, 2018
Will this oscillator be powered from a DC supply of 120 volts? If not what kind of power source will you use?
There are many oscillators that use dicrete transistors or even vacuum tubes. Is that what you have in mind?
Yes, I want to use the dc120v source.
And transistors of type bjt
Unfortunately, the oscillator frequency does not exceed 6 MHz
Schematic circuit
VVVVV
VVV
V

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Yes, I want to use the dc120v source.
And transistors of type bjt
Unfortunately, the oscillator frequency does not exceed 6 MHz
Schematic circuit
VVVVV
VVV
V
I think fabricating this on a single substrate is what makes it work. I don't know if it will work when made from discrete components. I'm not that familiar with symbols used in IC design but the cross coupled BJTs are just a standard multivibrator circuit. We made these from 12AT7 dual triodes when I was an undergraduate and transistors were thought to be a "passing" fad. I don't understand the stacked symbols that look like FETs. Are the control signals used to control the FETs as variable resistors to change the frequency of the oscillator?

Note: I get confused real quick when trying to read actual patents. I leave that for practitioners "skilled" in the art.

Last edited:

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hello friends

The patent schematic looks like a cascaded or stacked casc-ode amplifier stage.

Less limitations might mean less stages are needed if discrete components are used.

A 600V MOSFET is an easy way, but regulating gate bias can be tricky if you don't do it right.