10 led segment bargraph panel

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
How i am supposed to mount it on the project box?!
Right angle sockets like this:
upload_2017-11-20_9-19-29.png
They're also available in the 90 degree orientation, but difficult to extend to 20 pins.

Make a riser board and use one of the many board-to-board connectors available. Samtec has a wide selection.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
To make the hole in the box neat you could print a thick black rectangle on a transparency sheet, cut it out and stick it on the front of the panel. You could extend that sheet to cover the whole panel and print on it any other things that you want on the panel - title, labels for switches, etc.

[EDIT] Or use a box with a clear panel and mount the display inside the box.

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
To make the hole in the box neat you could print a thick black rectangle on a transparency sheet, cut it out and stick it on the front of the panel. You could extend that sheet to cover the whole panel and print on it any other things that you want on the panel - title, labels for switches, etc.

[EDIT] Or use a box with a clear panel and mount the display inside the box.
I tried this in 1st place but never managed to make neat hole it is always few mm bigger or not straight

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Those are not good as they are made for pcb mount not for project box enclosure
I feel like a blind man trying to help a blind man. None of us can really understand what you want because you're not describing what you have and what you want very clearly.

Perhaps some pictures would help overcome the language barrier...

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
I feel like a blind man trying to help a blind man. None of us can really understand what you want because you're not describing what you have and what you want very clearly.

Perhaps some pictures would help overcome the language barrier...
I want to mount 10 led bargraph on the project box and to look neatly, hope u understand now.
I am looking for some kind of panel for led bargraph so it would be easier to mount it on project box, something like on this photo I uploaded

Attachments

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I tried this in 1st place but never managed to make neat hole it is always few mm bigger or not straight
That is what black tape, caulk, panel fascia, or any other cover-up options are for.

Ideally, you become a craftsman and find the right tools to make squire holes. Mark carefully, then drill out close to near net shape. Finally, a high quality file will do the job. It helps to have razor focus when doing hand-forming processes - turn off the radio and cell phone - just get into the Zen of the craftsmanship. It is a mazing the precision that some fine tools, careful measurement & marking, and concentration can yield. Practice helps but beginners luck is also a fun target.

PS. use a square file if you want a square hole.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I am looking for some kind of panel for led bargraph so it would be easier to mount it on project box, something like on this photo I uploaded
Practice making cutouts in the material the box is made from. Once you've perfected your technique, make a cutout in your project box.

Another option is to buy or make a face plate that will cover the edges of the cutout.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
If the box is thin plastic you could drill a row of holes to match the pins of the display, then glue the display to the box with the pins poking through the holes.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have cut a rectangular hole on 2mm thick aluminum for exactly this type of display. If you are careful you can make an exact fit.
If you mess up you can make a bezel with aluminum foil tape or some other kind of flat material.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
If you really want it to look professional and have the extra cash, may be you want to invest in one of these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7000mw-35-...363880?hash=item2131cbd9a8:g:aeQAAOSwNkJaAUmh

Not sure if 7W is powerful enough to cut through 2mm plastic sheet.

My friend owned a laser cutter machine 5x more expensive than the one I shown on eBay. It was complete with casing and exhaust hose. The laser is air cooled and we used it to make PCBs. First we clean and coat the blank PCB with sprayed paint. Dry it and then put the PCB in the machine. The layout was sent to the machine in PDF or coreldraw format to laser off the unwanted part. Then we use etching solution to get rid of the copper exposed.

He once helped me make a guitar jack plate which was broken...
s-l300.jpg
Its M4 or M5...

We just drew the shape on coreldraw to scale and make 5 copies of it and sent it to the laser machine. And then came out with 5 identical plates. Though the machine has to go through 3 times on the plastic sheet (0.1") but the job was nicely done.

Allen

Last edited: