0-9 Counter Downing Problem

phantomII

Joined Dec 23, 2019
Hi,in the circuit numbers that come from counter are compared with 1 and the numbers are equal or greater than 1 led turns on.Also when the number reaches 9,it shouldn't move to 0(when press up button) and reaches 0 shouldn't move to 9.(when press down button)

On the breadboard upping works properly but downing does not.When the number is 0 and i press the down button,number downing 2 by 2.
I removed this "lock" gates from the circuit and then downed 1 by 1.The gates cause this problem.Could you help me?
4caa3a298bc94ece9ed071a308ad1e86.jpeg

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
With 74192 counters, the counter will count up or count down on the rising edge of the count input while the other count input is held HIGH. Have you ensured that the other count input is HIGH?

phantomII

Joined Dec 23, 2019
With 74192 counters, the counter will count up or count down on the rising edge of the count input while the other count input is held HIGH. Have you ensured that the other count input is HIGH?
Normally while counting down other input(count up) is low.
Just now i tried again, the circuit behaviour different,it comes down 1 by 1,so this is good,but now it continues from 0 to 9 when press down button.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Normally while counting down other input(count up) is low.
Just now i tried again, the circuit behaviour different,it comes down 1 by 1,so this is good,but now it continues from 0 to 9 when press down button.
You need to alter the logic so that the other count input is HIGH.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
74192 counter IC has two clock inputs, UP and DOWN.
The counter counts up on the rising edge of UP while DOWN = HIGH.
The counter counts down on the rising edge of DOWN while UP = HIGH.

Make sure your logic satisfies these requirements. This demonstrates the importance of reading datasheets very carefully.

phantomII

Joined Dec 23, 2019
74192 counter IC has two clock inputs, UP and DOWN.
The counter counts up on the rising edge of UP while DOWN = HIGH.
The counter counts down on the rising edge of DOWN while UP = HIGH.

Make sure your logic satisfies these requirements. This demonstrates the importance of reading datasheets very carefully.
I checked,all the requirements are ok.In Proteus it works great but on the board i cant tell same thing.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I see what you are trying to do... but I also see that it won’t work.

Take one half of the problem. Once the count reaches 9, you want to disable counting up. How do you do that? By forcing the DN pin low as long as the count is 9. I see what you are trying to do, but explain to me why you used an OR gate? With an OR gate, the DN pin can still be triggered by a push button. More importantly, you cannot force any state on DN.

See what I mean?

You have a similar problem when the count reaches zero.

What can you do to fix the problem? Work on one half of the problem at a time. Just fix counting up!

phantomII

Joined Dec 23, 2019
I see what you are trying to do... but I also see that it won’t work.

Take one half of the problem. Once the count reaches 9, you want to disable counting up. How do you do that? By forcing the DN pin low as long as the count is 9. I see what you are trying to do, but explain to me why you used an OR gate? With an OR gate, the DN pin can still be triggered by a push button. More importantly, you cannot force any state on DN.

See what I mean?

You have a similar problem when the count reaches zero.

What can you do to fix the problem? Work on one half of the problem at a time. Just fix counting up!
There is no problem that disable from 9 to 0 when press the count up button.I want to disable passing 0 to 9 when i press the count down button.
How can i fix it without using or gate?

phantomII

Joined Dec 23, 2019
Now there is no problem,the circuit works properly,it fixed itself :) i think the problem cause from different value of voltage.Thanks for the helps.