Blog entries by Hypatia's Protege

Following are suggestions, techniques, research, alternative approaches and information submitted by AAC members (to be linked in tutorials). Authors of content quoted here are urged to review their contributions such that any desired 'adjustments' may be affected in a timely fashion -- Please...
Below diagrammed is the active 'inrush-limiter' for application to our unregulated linear low EMF PSU -- Inasmuch as this circuit varies from 'standard' 555 'technique' (especially as regards timing cap discharge) A cursory circuit description follows the image. Please note that U3 and its...
Simulations relevant to the EHT series
'DIY' and otherwise 3'rd party LtSpice component models.
General relations: μ0 = 4π⋅10^-7 μe = (le⋅μr)/(le+g⋅μr) AL = (Ae⋅μe⋅μ0)/le Imax = Φmax⋅N/L Φmax = Bmax⋅Ae Special considerations specific to the described application: μr ≈ μi (Justification: owing to the relatively low flux densities involved). Bsat ≈ Bmax (Justification: owing to modest ΔI/ΔT...
General relations: μ0 = 4π⋅10^-7 μe = (le⋅μr)/(le+g⋅μr) AL = (Ae⋅μe⋅μ0)/le Imax = Φmax⋅N/L Φmax = Bmax⋅Ae Special considerations specific to the described application: μr ≈ μi (Justification: owing to the relatively low flux densities involved). Bsat ≈ Bmax (Justification: owing to modest ΔI/ΔT...
@shortbus and anyone who cares -- Below is the (too) long awaited LOPT disassembly discussion. Please accept my sincere apologies for the cursory, frequently shamefully informal 'tone' of the following (my time has not been my own as of late - excuses, excuses...):oops: All questions, comments...