Your favorite song?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Sometimes during the late evenings after my wife had gone to bed I would sit here and listen to Vietnam Era music. There was a Nam vet who had a website with endless playlist to click on over all the years. I would literally get lost drifting back with the music. While the sixties and into the seventies had no shortage of ant--war songs one song which I still enjoy listening to is The Association Requiem For The Masses. I remember the linked performance of the song on the Smothers Brothers TV show. It was interesting how the Vietnam War shaped so much of our music of the era. On weekends I would just sit here for hours listening to the tunes. Another tune I like every now and then is
Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale, live in Denmark 2006.

Max, I wish to thank you. While I remember The Four Jacks and a Jill as well as the song I never knew what the song was linked to.

I miss that website and have no idea whatever became of a fellow who went by Chu who I learned served in DaNang RVN. One day the website was simply gone. Nothing I could ever find on YouTube could even come close with playlist like this guy put together.

Ron

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Max, I wish to thank you. While I remember The Four Jacks and a Jill as well as the song I never knew what the song was linked to.
Ron
Also this song has particular resonance to me right now as I am reading the biography of Ian Smith, 'The Great Betrayal', as prime minister of Rhodesia who was trying to bring his country to Independence for the benefit of all, black and white.
A beautiful and wealthy country that was once known as the pearl of Africa, and reduced to shreds by Mugabe, et-al.
Max.