XP Experts needed

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I don't intend to install win10 on this PC, I have it on my Lap-top and definitely am not a fan.:rolleyes:
This PC has served me well with XP since inception (2001), apart from a MB upgrade I have no quarrels whatsoever.
I am easily pleased I guess.:p
Max.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I don't intend to install win10 on this PC, I have it on my Lap-top and definitely am not a fan.:rolleyes:
This PC has served me well with XP since inception (2001), apart from a MB upgrade I have no quarrels whatsoever.
I am easily pleased I guess.:p
Max.
I don't like win 10's interface one bit either. But I have to admit that it feels like it does make better use of resources, and it's faster and more efficient than any other previous versions.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
As someone who has been on the software side of things for a long time, my advice is retire the XP system and move to something more modern, at least Windows 7, preferably Windows 10, for security reasons. The Windows XP design is so old that there is no way to make it reasonably safe against modern threats, except to unplug it from the internet entirely.
I love XP. Still running it on an old PC. And it is never on-line. I drive an iMac and couldn't be happier. The only reason why I have XP is because I have a computer based oscilloscope. Can't run it on the iMac.

And I hate Windows 7 and up. And the computer is so old that if I put 7 on it the computer would probably crash.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I've got two PC's running on Win7 64, one PC running on Win7 32 and one laptop running on Win10 64 ... Win7 64 is the one I like best.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Thanks for reminding me that over 90% of college rock was worse than I remembered. Thankfully I was already an adult when it came to be a thing.

However here is a song that I still like today. In my old age:p

Here is something to cleanse the spirit.

Last edited: