WTB 1/4W 5% RESISTORS IN SMALL LOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Does anyone know a commercial vendor who sells small quantities of 1/4W 5% resistors at a low price? Rather than violate the forum Market place rules please send me a PM, If you are a new user unable to send a PM just make a "post please send me a PM",which I will do and you can reply to. If a winner come up I will post it at the end of this thread. I am on a very fixed income so low prices are a must. Vendor needs to be in continental USA .

Durn if I know any other subcategory forum I could put this in, so this forum category won. I am looking to restock my personal resistor kit.

Resistor Parts Storage

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Since RS has gone out of business I see a number of RS resistor kits in the retail surplus market.
If you are interested I can buy some for you and send it on.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Thank you for the replies. There is a small Mom & pop store in Carrolton (Part of the Dallas Metroplex) called Tanners Electronics that is a candy store for techies that keeps most of the E24 series (I think that is what it is called) since driving is out for me though I can use DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) Paratransit (a truly wonderful service for disabled folks Tanners is a 25 minute ride literally on the other side of Dallas so postal is best for now. I am thinking of restarting my resistor kit and making a custom tray with a 3D printer. for Dallas Maker pace who is right next to Tanners. I you have never heard of Dallas Maker Space Google it. It is another wonderful feature of the Dallas area. Even though I am wheelchair bound for the foreseeable future I am trying to become more independent.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Too late but I would prefer thE24 series the 24 means 24 values per decade.

1. 10
2. 11
3. 12
4. 13
5. 15
6. 16
7. 18
8. 20
9. 22
10. 24
11. 27
12. 30
13. 33
14. 36
15. 39
16. 43
17. 47
18. 51
19. 56
20. 62
21. 68
22. 75
23. 82
24. 91

rsjsouza

Joined Apr 21, 2014
Did you give BG Micro a try? Given you are in the Metroplex, you can talk to Tammie and get the parts yourself at their warehouse (saves the freight).

And yes, Dallas Metroplex rocks for electronics.

bob91343

Joined May 29, 2019
Does anyone know a commercial vendor who sells small quantities of 1/4W 5% resistors at a low price? Rather than violate the forum Market place rules please send me a PM, If you are a new user unable to send a PM just make a "post please send me a PM",which I will do and you can reply to. If a winner come up I will post it at the end of this thread. I am on a very fixed income so low prices are a must. Vendor needs to be in continental USA .

Durn if I know any other subcategory forum I could put this in, so this forum category won. I am looking to restock my personal resistor kit.

Resistor Parts Storage
I have a great number of small parts that I would let go for very little, or even nothing, depending on your location. I am in Los Angeles California.

Oh, and local to me is a little place called All Electronics. Google them.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Try taydaelectronics they ship out of Colorado. I used to use them a lot for thruhole components. They’re about penny each. You can order as little as 1. I miss getting shipments from them.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Try taydaelectronics they ship out of Colorado. I used to use them a lot for thruhole components. They’re about penny each. You can order as little as 1. I miss getting shipments from them.

So why do you not use them anymore? At least, that was the impression I got.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Most of the stuff I need now are on reels and surface mount... I still have plenty of thru hole for quick breadboarding. If you were near Chicago I would be dumping bags of resistors for you.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Back when I was a working stiff an engineer asked me to build a notch filter, I built two, one with surface mount and one with through hole components. the Surface Mount beat the through hole version 10 db better rejection when I tested it.

Digi-key isn't cheap enough?

Digi-key fine print: When a check or money order accompanies your order, Digi-Key pays all shipping and insurance (our choice for method of shipping) to all addresses in the U.S. and Canada.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019

Digi-key fine print: When a check or money order accompanies your order, Digi-Key pays all shipping and insurance (our choice for method of shipping) to all addresses in the U.S. and Canada.
But who on Earth still uses snail-mail to order parts much less I have no idea where my checkbook is as I haven't written a check in years...

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013

So far my orders from Canada are fixed at $8.00 for under a $100.00 order, over this its free, no brokerage charge and delivery by next day air on all orders.
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.