Working with this sensor Cherry MP201901

Abdoul_91

Joined Dec 24, 2019
Hello ALL,

I'm trying to work on a new design but i have to work with sensor but didn't find any application note or something to help work with it;
i'm working with an I2C expander with 24 GPIO and i don't know how to connect this sensor to my expander ?
Do i need to use a transistor?
Thank you so much for your help

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
It helps if you post the datasheet.

The MP2 Series sensors are reed position sensors. Normally open or closed contacts change states when a magnetic field is
applied. The sensors act as non-latching electrical switches.

E

Update:

Post a simple description of the project.

Attachments

Abdoul_91

Joined Dec 24, 2019
hi,
It helps if you post the datasheet.

The MP2 Series sensors are reed position sensors. Normally open or closed contacts change states when a magnetic field is
applied. The sensors act as non-latching electrical switches.

E

Update:
Post a simple description of the project.
Yes that is true, i should have post the datasheet
the issue with this datasheet is that there not enough information on how to connect the sensor to something, i dont know if it is a 3wire or just 2 for example

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi A91,
You can create a logic High or Low signal, using the Local Vdd and 0V, use a 4k7 Resistor , do you know how to do that.?
E
AAA 530 17.52.gif

Update:
i'm working with an I2C expander with 24 GPIO and i don't know how to connect this sensor to my expander

What is GPIO type number.?

Abdoul_91

Joined Dec 24, 2019
hi,
The Sensor is a Switch , it is Normally Open until a magnet is placed close to the sensor, then it Closes.

E
Ah oky , i tough it was more complicated then that
thank you so much for your help
i just need to connect one wire to a Vdd through a resistor and the other wire to my GPIO if i understand correctly