Women!!! go figure...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Why is that women likes face book so much.
Does any member in AAC or any family member of AAC are on face book.

I find face book to be someplace to hang out and check out the babes. I do not blog there much. :cool: but I do have an account with friends.

Now, the real problem is, I am on face book. U see my madam has her account and uses our Portrait as the Display.
Sheeeeeeeeeesh!!! so much for hiding in plain sight :mad:

Last edited:

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Changed your location again I see.
Too much information floating about is a bad thing.
I don't want someone who overheard my name to be able to find out everything about me.
The ladies love it. They have pretend cafes on facebook.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Go figure, women love to socialize, and gossip. The best gossip starts at home, so there goes your privacy. I've opened a face book account since the last time this subject comes up, but I prefer email. I will not post anything there, period. It is a point of contact only.

You might remind her anything said on Facebook (or any other website similar) can and will be used against you by government and private. People have lost jobs, and with certain governments worse. People think it doesn't matter, but the web is full of stories where people expressing their opinions have had bad things happen, starting with being fired from your job. Civil rights go out the door for information volunteered everywhere, and once posted, you can not recant it, the information is now property of the world and can pop up elsewhere even after you remove it.

sceadwian

Joined Jun 1, 2009
I think I just fell out of my chair laughing after reading this thread.
Changed your location again I see.
Too much information floating about is a bad thing.
I don't want someone who overheard my name to be able to find out everything about me.
The ladies love it. They have pretend cafes on facebook.
Too much information is bad? Only if you have something to hide!

Facebook security despite anyones paranoid delusions isn't that bad, after they got a lot of bad press about the difficulty in controlling the security options of the site they shaped it up quiet a bit, and there are third part web applets everywhere now that will allow you to test your facebook security easily. Common sense should say that it's probably not a good idea to use you full legal name on Facebook, I sure don't. Also most people don't think of this, you can have as many facebook accounts as you can remember names and passwords.... I have one for friends and family, I've been thinking about creating a second one to try to hunt down some electronics pals, no way in hell I'd friend random strangers on my real facebook page. Then again stuff like this is just common sense to me.

Keep in mind the name you use on facebook is NOT the primary way people find you, it's through the network of friends that you have. Just use something close, I use a nickname and part of my real name.

I love Facebook myself, it's the only real way I can practically keep track of friends and family, and I've reconnected with some people from my past that are actually worth keeping track of, my current phone has the ability to check it on the run it's a nice way to spend a few minutes at lunch with idle forum style chitchat with people you've known all your life.

You might remind her anything said on Facebook (or any other website similar) can and will be used against you by government and private. People have lost jobs, and with certain governments worse.
Mainly for people that have something to hide or live in countries that have totalitarian governments you're painting Facebook as some kind of evil! It's a tool nothing more, it can be used for many purposes.

The reason I fell out of my chair laughing is because my wife swears upon her life that she will never get a Facebook account..
Guess I got a keeper =>

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I agree with you sceadwian. But my problem is that I seldom use a complete photo of myself. I am not scared or anything. My ebay account has my pic, any where else it's sort of blurry or shaded. You actually cannot make it out.

My facebook dp is the same one I use here and mostly everywhere, It's something that stands me out of the crowd. I do not want to use a pic, but now my wife has our portrait on her dp. What the hell can I say to that. Of course If I say she would take it out but I somehow think there is a reason for that particular photo to be on her dp. Some thing like to make her ex's jealous or something.

And it's not bad though, i think I'll let her enjoy her fame and fortune

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You guys will think that I don't belong
Is this conversation,but I'm more fun than
all of you guys put together.Its on the
internet,but for now I can't give you links.
You would not belive how It started.Part
being free spirit and loose In my skin.
Encourage Loosewire to learn to post pictures
on the Forum.I did a Tea Party speech
yesterday,got to hold the flag.

sceadwian

Joined Jun 1, 2009
Everything changes over time... What's amazing is people that think that a static system is sane or get indignant when things they were taking advantage of changed.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I did a Tea Party speech
yesterday,got to hold the flag.
Holding the flag that must have been a great honour. But I do not support the movement. After the support from Sarah Palin, it was no doubt at all. The agenda of that women give me goosebumps :eek:(shudder)

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
There is no need to reconnect with friends.

If they are friends, you would not have lost contact.

Ugg..Myspace, facebook, and all the others..I rue the day.

I know I will have to join soon for business advertising purposes, but all of my previous acquaintances who want to reconnect will now have the power to.

I rue the day.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
There is no need to reconnect with friends.

If they are friends, you would not have lost contact.
Here is some advice with a half century of perspective: Friends move on; enemies stay forever.

Yes, one loses contact with friends, yet they are still friends. Years later, sometimes contacts will be remade.

As for Facebook, Twittter and so forth, I agree, ugh\(^{ugh}\)

Of course, I remember the Joseph McCarthy era. I am not paranoid, but I have seen what non-computer-based data mining and association-based accusations can do to decent people.

John

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The op (Women) you posted the picture,Irresistable.
I get a hint another will be having a say.I hope each
of you get to hold the flag.