Will this work for controlling (independently) two actuators?

leowiz

Joined May 22, 2020
I am new to this as of 3 days ago and find the wifi switch world fascinating and can't wait to add custom home automation of various kinds. As a starting point, I want to add 2 independent controls to my chicken coop :) I am looking at the sonoff 4ch wifi switch and I am too new to this to decipher the user manuals. Has anyone used it here and knows if I can operate two actuators independently using this 4 channel switch? It seems like I will have to interlock the 4 channels into 2 channels. Is that possible? Or I am better off buying two independent 2-channel switches?

I already ordered this yesterday (Anmbest 2ch switch) but then came across sonoff switches which seem to have a nice box already built around so easier to install without having to find an enclosure.

So am I in the right path for what I want to do?

Thanks,
Titus

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Have you looked at their site?
https://www.itead.cc/smart-home.html
What are you actuators? A bit more info would help.
It may be you need to run 4 x relay from the Sonoff. So, 4 SPDT relays connected as 2 x H bridges will work.
Do your actuators have limit switches installed? Are they 2 wire units?
Lots of questions!

leowiz

Joined May 22, 2020
Its this actuator: Its a 2 wire with reverse polarity. It has its own stop at full extension. So basically I would need an on and off button which switches the polarity for this. I am wondering if I can use this 4 channel sonoff to control two such actuators.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
MotorReverse.jpg
Here is an old picture I put up on a previous post.
If you have 2 relays in place of the DPDT switch, it will give you control of the motor.
Drive the relays from the Sonoff outputs. Operating one relay or the other will drive the motor.
Both relays on or off will stop it.
The limit switches and diodes are probably already in the actuator.

If your controller has access to each terminal of the internal relays (voltage free contacts), the external ones would not be needed, but I do not know if they are available on the devices you are looking at.