Will the fun begin now?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Personally, I can't find much connection between my wishes and what my government does. I think I was 8 years old when a cop leaned out his car window and told me I couldn't poke a mud puddle with a stick. Not much has changed since then. The government passes 50,000 laws a year, and I ignore them as well as I can. Governments want to sue each other for everything from computer hacking to bombing whole countries into the stone age? Didn't cause it, can't fix it, not my problem. I can only say that suing each other is better than bombing each other.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I have so far stayed out of these political discussions, but that clueless and factually wrong comment takes the cake.

Are you aware that the Republican majority in Congress is very slim? Are you aware that it takes a 2/3 majority to override a veto? Are you aware that this is the first Obama veto that his Democrats have opposed? Now, I realize the unions are in lock step with Obama, but that doesn't mean it is right or good. There is no doubt the Saudi's financed 9/11 and so far Obama has protected them.

The legislation may have some flaws, but they can be fixed, unlike the flaws in the abysmal failure of Obamacare.

John
So what is your enlightened reason that they over rode the veto? Then almost immediately started talking about it as a mistake.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Why they over-rode the veto?

Because the target nation Saudi Arabia is not labeled a state sponsor of terrorism in the US purely because of political and economic reasons when everybody in the universe knows it's the prime mover for terrorism on this planet.

http://theduran.com/saudi-arabia-not-iran-country-responsible-spread-terrorism/
Saudi Arabia is the centre of the Sunni branch of Islam. It is also the home of Wahhabism (or “Salafism”) the most violent and radical sect within Islam. Every single radical Islamic attack that has happened throughout the world in the past few years has been carried out by a Wahhabi Sunni Muslim.

Every major Islamic terrorist group from ISIS to Al Qaeda has at its roots the Wahhabi beliefs of which Saudi Arabia is the home.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
King Abdullah II is one kick ass mofo.
Reminds me, when I worked for "Action Target" Shooting Range Company. We built a Shoothouse for the Military 2 stories tall, and the size of a city block, went it to Iraq, it allowed our Military "Train" door to door maneuvers with live "Amo, called Fractionals" which was effective enough protection if an Unfreindly engaged them while training, no need to change the clip.

This guy raises it another level.

kv