Why should Intel investors get billions from the taxpayer?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The reason for share buybacks is because it is not advantageous for companies to sit on large piles of cash, even though that might be beneficial in the long run.

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
I would have to do a lot of research to comment on this issue.

But I will say that I'm always amazed how language is used to bias the issue involved.

For example, if money is used for "free" healthcare it is called "government" money.
But if money is given to a corporation for whatever it is called "taxpayer" money.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I would have to do a lot of research to comment on this issue.

But I will say that I'm always amazed how language is used to bias the issue involved.

For example, if money is used for "free" healthcare it is called "government" money.
But if money is given to a corporation for whatever it is called "taxpayer" money.
There are numerous subtleties in government and corporate finance and what to do with cash is certainly one of them. I think the lessons of the 20th century make it abundantly clear that there is something about every system that sucks. There is a belief that whatever its faults, our system sucks less than the alternatives.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Why do voters who claim to be struggling in a terrible economy, which is actually the best economy they have seen in their life vote for a party will do nothing for them, while further cutting the taxes of the wealthy? Politics creates a lot of mysteries.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Politics only creates a lot of mysteries when You get your information from Main-Stream-News-Sources.

I was lucky enough to figure-out that everything on the TV and in the News-Papers
was an outright LIE by the time I was 10 years old, ( ~1967-ish ),
and, you'd think I was totally insane if I tried to explain exactly WHO set it all up,
and how long the "system" has been around.

It's gonna be OK,
but You are likely to loose everything, even remotely related to the Dollar.
Gold, and especially Silver, and certain Crypto-Currencies,
will be the only things retaining exchange-value,
( excepting direct barter between private-parties, but barter has limited usefulness, and no convenience ).
( learn about Crypto-Currencies, it's much easier than basic-Electronics,
but it currently "appears" to be manipulated, just like Gold and Silver, because of Dollar manipulation ).

"Inflation" will just be a bad dream that you'd rather forget.

Modern-"Paper-Instruments" will be instantly rendered worthless at some unknowable point,
and with zero recourse.
( don't say I didn't warn You )

"Real" Capitalism will finally become SOP ( Standard-Operating-Procedure ).
"Real" Capitalism has never been experienced by anyone before, ever,
only a crudely bastardized "version" of Capitalism has been shoved down everyone's throat.

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
Why do voters who claim to be struggling in a terrible economy, which is actually the best economy they have seen in their life vote for a party will do nothing for them, while further cutting the taxes of the wealthy? Politics creates a lot of mysteries.
The selected few metrics used to determine what state the economy is in are mostly abstract to the average person.

Go ask the average person what is more important to them...GDP or the ability to buy a house?
Go ask the average person what is more important to them...consumer confidence or those additional trips to the food pantry?
Go ask the average person what is more important to them...industrial capacity or paying their energy bills?

And you might be able to answer your question. (at least as far as the disconnect between what they are being told about the economy and what they actually experience)

I'm not going to speak to the reasons anybody votes in a particular way.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The selected few metrics used to determine what state the economy is in are mostly abstract to the average person.

Go ask the average person what is more important to them...GDP or the ability to buy a house?
Go ask the average person what is more important to them...consumer confidence or those additional trips to the food pantry?
Go ask the average person what is more important to them...industrial capacity or paying their energy bills?

And you might be able to answer your question. (at least as far as the disconnect between what they are being told about the economy and what they actually experience)

I'm not going to speak to the reasons anybody votes in a particular way.
Actually, more than 50% of the US population polled say they are doing fine, but the economy sucks. So, no, they are not basing it in their own experience, or the actual data, they are basing it in what they hear from their chosen news sources, and plenty of them (not all) are lying.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is a fact of accounting that the balance sheet of a company with excess cash looks worse than a company with both equity and debt. The problem is that if the debt becomes too large a company, unlike a government, will lose the ability to adapt.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
As Noam Chomsky has argued, keeping the public in the dark helps in the retention of power. When the people feel and act like a bewildered herd, there's little threat to the prevailing power structures. I've discovered that the US is very insular, rather than news explain the US place in the world, the world is always generally treated as being "them", very little coverage is given to international news other than events for which its non-controversial, doesn't expose US complicity in crimes. Britain is like that too but to a far lesser degree.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
As Noam Chomsky has argued, keeping the public in the dark helps in the retention of power. When the people feel and act like a bewildered herd, there's little threat to the prevailing power structures. I've discovered that the US is very insular, rather than news explain the US place in the world, the world is always generally treated as being "them", very little coverage is given to international news other than events for which its non-controversial, doesn't expose US complicity in crimes. Britain is like that too but to a far lesser degree.
Are there any countries that are demonstrably any other way. There is not a single one that comes to mind. Most are even more xenophobic.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Are there any countries that are demonstrably any other way. There is not a single one that comes to mind. Most are even more xenophobic.
Certainly, I've never actually looked for metrics for this but if they exist I'm sure there are many examples.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
That is crony capitalism.

However, as PapaBravo mentioned, as long as it remains the “least sucky” economic system, we will continue to tolerate it.
I suppose it is possible for us to experiment with a centrally planned economy over the next year or so, but I'm not exactly sanguine about the potential results since I don't belong to the family.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
BRICS is the only Bank in the World that isn't currently under Bankruptcy-Proceedings.

The new QFS Monetary-System(s) ( Quantum-Financial-System(s) ),
have obviously not been announced yet,
but will probably be announced before the end of the year, and could be announced as early as a few weeks.
Absolutely no one knows the exact date of the announcement,
except for a few people in Military-Intelligence, and it could be delayed for a million different reasons.
So, this is strictly well informed speculation.

Both of the new forms of Money are excellent setups, completely Lawful, and don't suck at all.

You will be your own Banker !!!

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
BRICS is the only Bank in the World that isn't currently under Bankruptcy-Proceedings.

The new QFS Monetary-System(s) ( Quantum-Financial-System(s) ),
have obviously not been announced yet,
but will probably be announced before the end of the year, and could be announced as early as a few weeks.
Absolutely no one knows the exact date of the announcement,
except for a few people in Military-Intelligence, and it could be delayed for a million different reasons.
So, this is strictly well informed speculation.

Both of the new forms of Money are excellent setups, completely Lawful, and don't suck at all.

You will be your own Banker !!!
Hi,

Doesn't that require a working quantum computer(s) ?
Or did they get that far already?

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Operating Quantum-Computers have been around since approx. ~2012,
the compatible Networks have taken quite a bit longer, but are now mostly complete.

That's what the "Space-Force" is all about.

There are currently only a handful of Countries left that have NOT joined BRICS .......... yet.
I would suggest that You re-evaluate your news-sources.
I use somewhere around ~30 different ones,
so many that I have to limit myself to just scanning headlines,
and I only spend time on the best ~5 or so news-sites, and then only when
there appears to be something that's actually "new", and of interest to me.
They rarely get anything totally wrong except for the occasional details, or editorial-speculations.
conspiracy theory .jpg.
conspiracy theory 2 .jpg

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
That is crony capitalism.

However, as PapaBravo mentioned, as long as it remains the “least sucky” economic system, we will continue to tolerate it.
The US is characterized by having only two (relevant) political parties who pretend to pursue very different policies, politics in the US has been reduced to a spectator sport, to a far greater degree than other western economies. The power of lobbies here is considerably more than I've seen in Britain, its lobbies that influence policy not voters.