Who needs a Stripper?

Actually... I was hoping you'd observe what is not in the picture and comment on it...
She's not wearing any protective gear!

View attachment 85889
Well... Actually I did find swimwear dubious attire for display of such implements --- I can but assume the 'message' amounts to "Ridgid tools are so effective they make recreation of work" --- I think I'll never understand advertising:confused: -- But what the hey! If it sells - it sells!:) --- As regards the 'new' image (immediately above) while some PPE is in place such is clearly a 'token' affect (inasmuch as the hard-hat is clearly 'overkill' while the dress of the presenter's hair as well as the loose blouse 'tie handles' are reckless at best) Moreover, on a subjective note, she [the presenter] affects a dismissive, casual, demeanor suggestive of frivolity...

Given that a [the?] primary objective of advertising is to garner the prospective client's attention:

--The first image accomplishes this via keeping us 'guessing' as to the identity/nature of the tool on display.

--Whereas the second image 'draws us in' with an Escher-esk 'mixing of modes' as regards PPE -- Underpinned with the tacit suggestion that: "With Ridgid products you too may be casually fashionable on the job!"

That said, I see no cause for offense (though that might change were I their liability underwriter! ;))

As for myself -- I'll reserve 'fashionable'/causal attire and whimsical deportment for appropriate social occasions --- 'cause, ya see -- there's little less 'alluring' nor more 'inhibiting' than a respirator or a tin cup filled with pencils... ;););)

Still, I've gotta admit... I don't 'get it' --- But then, as the veritable epitome of an anti-Ad crusader, perhaps I'm not supposed to???

Best regards
HP:)

Last edited:
Look closer, she's wearing her steel tipped bra.
I'll have to take your word for it! While replete with radiography apparatus, I can't seem to get it to operate 'over the web' -- to say nothing of the 'difficulties' attending derivation of uncaptured subject info from images...;)

Best regards
HP :)

Last edited:
I still have my "X-ray glasses" I ordered from a comic book as a kid.
Ah yes! --- IIRC said novelty employed refractively effected distortion/diplopia in a (miserably failed) attempt to create the illusion of osteology while viewing digits, limbs etc... Ah! Youth! -- Once bitten, [1/0] times shy! :mad:;):D

With nostalgic regards

Last edited:
Stripper? several years ago, I was wandering through a wal mart and came across some cans of "Low Odor Airctaft Remover" turns out the stuff is just paint stripper, but images of stripping 747's from my windshield came to mind.
I've gotta wonder what the TSA thought of that!!!:eek::eek::eek: --- Golly, Golly! ;)

Best regards (and three obligatory cheers to 'Big Bro')
HP:D

I think we do; actually. Most of us can think 2-D.

kv
I must confess that the import of this thread (as regards the Ridgid adverts) is lost on me:confused: -- Thus I expect I've been figuratively examining (or, rather, attempting assay of) an elephant with a TEM... Indeed, scope and appreciation of context are not without their merits...:rolleyes::cool:

Best regards

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I must confess that the import of this thread (as regards the Ridgid adverts) is lost on me:confused: -- Thus I expect I've been figuratively examining (or, rather, attempting assay of) an elephant with a TEM... Indeed, scope and appreciation of context are not without their merits...:rolleyes::cool:

Best regards
You're right...

My honest appreciation to the TS (a.k.a @killivolt) for not reporting this huge detour from the intended subject to the mods (a.k.a. minions)
Capture.JPG

and allow us to have a little serious fun and relaxation ... ;):):D

...and allow us to have a little serious fun and relaxation ... ;):):D
Well... It seems that's the principal objective of OT forums...:D

But then I think my previous post may have been misinterpreted? --- My point was merely that it seems there is a 'joke' vested in the Ridgid Ad photos -- A joke aparently obvious to everyone with the exception of myself:confused:

In any event I was not complaining about 'topic creep', etc... :D:D:D

Best regards
HP

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
You're right...

My honest appreciation to the TS (a.k.a @killivolt) for not reporting this huge detour from the intended subject to the mods (a.k.a. minions)

and allow us to have a little serious fun and relaxation ... ;):):D
NP, as long as it's within the rules. An edgy "Avert" was the topic of the conversation.

Well... It seems that's the principal objective of OT forums...:D

But then I think my previous post may have been misinterpreted? --- My point was merely that it seems there is a 'joke' vested in the Ridgid Ad photos -- A joke aparently obvious to everyone with the exception of myself:confused:

In any event I was not complaining about 'topic creep', etc... :D:D:D

Best regards
HP
You didn't loose anything "Hyp" can't loose something you never had. Not worth thinking about.

kv

Edit: "no pun intended"

Last edited:

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
NP, as long as it's within the rules. An edgy "Avert" was the topic of the conversation.

You didn't loose anything "Hyp" can't loose something you never had. Not worth thinking about.

kv

Edit: "no pun intended"
Loose means to release. Lose is what you intended to mean. UK and US separated by the same language.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Loose means to release. Lose is what you intended to mean. UK and US separated by the same language.
No, your correct. I just put words out there and then regret even using them sometimes.

If you want to know I had it right the first time and re-read them and changed the spelling.

Now I really feel bad. :oops:

kv

No, your correct. I just put words out there and then regret even using them sometimes.

If you want to know I had it right the first time and re-read them and changed the spelling.

Now I really feel bad. :oops:

kv
FWIW where I hail from:

(Warning: the following are my own 'off the cuff' impressions offered without recourse to formal lexical reference)

Loose (as an adjective) = "Unbound/poorly fastened", "weakly constrictive" --or-- "Marked by an unseemly lack of restraint, propriety or decression (as of conduct)"

Loose (as a verb) ="To liberate", "To reduce (usually) constrictive tension"

Lose (as a verb) = "To (usually involuntarily) cease possession/status of" --or-- "to experience defeat"

Spelling conventions aside, I took the relevant 'passage' of post #37 To mean: "I ceased possession of nothing because one cannot cease possession of that which one does not possess..." Ooookay...:confused::confused::confused: Well, anyway, it's my impression that it's all friendly and well intended --- whatever it means!:):):)

Ya know, I didn't suffer difficulties of this sort prior to 'taking up' LTspice... Hmmmm... Methinks Linear Tech has much to answer for! :eek::D

Best regards
HP

Last edited: