Where you live, are all the boys named __aden?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I'd say that the term Caucasians would be more accurate to describe such gang...
Fine, so be it. But whatever words we standardize on should be future-proof protected words, guaranteed to never expire and become non-PC in 10 years. So if "Caucasian" is the word then let it be the word for now and forever. I'm tired of having to learn new names for the same things every few years.

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Regarding Anglo Saxon. I’m about as white as anything but I ain’t that. My ancestors were Vikings from Norway. First immigrated to farm in Canada, then drifted South to Minnesota and later disbursed all over the place. Ufta!

According to family tradition we are Angles (the Anglii people). We originally settled in Yorkshire but eventually migrated to the Iowa in 1853 then to Texas around 1900. None of us look pale white though. We tend to tan well!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I, literally, have a Jewish name. That used to be acceptable but with the recent rhetorical shift from "judeo-christian" to "anglo-saxon" I am not sure if that still holds.
As a side note, many people in the UK that send off for a DNA test as I have done, often have ~2% Ashkenazi Jew in their DNA results. evidentally refers to Jewish settlers who established communities along the Rhine river in Western Germany and in Northern France dating to the Middle Ages.
I'm assuming maybe an influx from east to west?

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I'm glad they didn't name me after my great-grandfather Hezekiah or his brother Lemuel... I do have a "progressively" named grandson Asher. @MaxHeadRoom which DNA test did you take. We did the Ancester.com one and a buddies test from a different company included Neanderthal in his lineage. The three "race" delineations learned in anthropology back in the 70s of Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid and were pretty coarsely delineated by the presence or lack of melanin or epicanthal folds. In todays politically correct environment those delineations are considered bad form and in fact fail to encompass all of the multitude of variations in ethnicity based on the increasing mobility of populations resulting in a mélange of genetic ancestry. Names come and go as the genetics of a population change and the whims of society are projected onto the populations by their societal popularity. Name like Adolph, Saddam, and Osama are currently on the out.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
As a side note, many people in the UK that send off for a DNA test as I have done, often have ~2% Ashkenazi Jew in their DNA results. evidentally refers to Jewish settlers who established communities along the Rhine river in Western Germany and in Northern France dating to the Middle Ages.
I'm assuming maybe an influx from east to west?
Jews left the middle east and settled everywhere. They established networks for trade and used their common language and communities to facilitate it. They often weren't allow to own property and so had to use trade and money lending to get by.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Jews left the middle east and settled everywhere.
Joseph of Arimithea, purported to be the uncle of Jesus, and is recognized as being buried in Glastonbury UK.
He had the title of minister of tin mines for the Romans and traveled a number of times to England, so history tells us, evidentally there were a number of Jews in England at that time.

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Jews left the middle east and settled everywhere. They established networks for trade and used their common language and communities to facilitate it. They often weren't allow to own property and so had to use trade and money lending to get by.
Jews have also made so many significant contributions to the arts and sciences. Some of the smartest and wisest people in the world are Jewish!