Where to find SOIC-10 SMD board adapter

dante_clericuzzio

Joined Mar 28, 2016
I have this SMD IC package SOIC-10

Length about 5mm and Width = 3.8mm Like as in this pic...but this picture showing SOIC-8 and i need SOIC-10 can anyone suggest cheap place to get this. I searched across ebay couldn't really find it

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Note that adapters for chips with more than 8 leads can be quite wide. I have seen some with a spacing between the rows of the DIP pins of 0.6 inches. This can make the adapter awkward to use on a solderless breadboard.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Note that adapters for chips with more than 8 leads can be quite wide. I have seen some with a spacing between the rows of the DIP pins of 0.6 inches. This can make the adapter awkward to use on a solderless breadboard.
The top two on the list in the digikey link are 0.3" DIP adapter. The bottom two are 0.6"

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012

dante_clericuzzio

Joined Mar 28, 2016
I found then off EBay. Inexpensive, good quality. they do take some time to get here on the slow boat from China so I keep them well stocked.

This is one example, there are many people who handle things like this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-SOP8...593561?hash=item4b1dbed7d9:g:304AAOSwR4FZe409

I have these and also MSOP-10 but its the 0.95mm ...my MSOP-10 IC that i have need a wider width i saw on element 14 made by the ARIES i think it suit my IC but its expensive

philba

Joined Aug 17, 2017
If you are capable of PCB layout, you could make your own and get exactly what you want. OSHPark in the US isn't super expensive - $5 a square inch for 3 boards. And various Chinese PCB houses run specials. AllPCB right now will give free shipping and for up to 100mm x 100mm (4" x 4" or so) will cost $5 for 10 boards. Here's one I did on OSHPark - 2 proto boards, snappable for $11.75 for 3 boards (that's 3 soic8 and 3 soic14 protos). The SOIC8 by itself would be around $4.50 for 3 - buck and a half each. It's kind of a Frankenboard because I wanted to be able to test some SMD transistors. I've shared the design so if anyone wants to order it, I'll provide a link.

By the way, I ran a similar board through AllPCB - $5.49 (paypal fee of $.49) with their free shipping special. Got 10 boards so each one was 55 cents and when I split them, 27.5 cents each. Here's the kicker, I got the boards in 5 days. Faster than amazon with regular shipping.

Attachments

Last edited:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Not about the pin space but the width of the IC...
What would you base this on? If the pins fit the package fits.

If still in doubt remember the socket pin spacing is 0.1" and can be used to make crude measurements... they should show you your device isn't so strange it doesn't fit on any standard board.

dante_clericuzzio

Joined Mar 28, 2016
What would you base this on? If the pins fit the package fits.

If still in doubt remember the socket pin spacing is 0.1" and can be used to make crude measurements... they should show you your device isn't so strange it doesn't fit on any standard board.
There is a different of width of the IC...not only the pin...in fact i have MSOP-10 board and yes the pin distance to one another is perfectly matched but the width of the board is smaller then the IC ....so when i place the IC on it the pin will be out of the pads...because the width of the board is smaller than the IC...the pad is going under the IC instead of perfectly sit on it